iSpeed's LS Vtec EJ2 - Restoration Project

iSpeed

iSpeed's Midori Green Ej2

9/25/2012

this car was ugly inside, filled with bugs and smelled like *poop* ... the owner had it since 99 and got tired of it and left it to rot under a tree for 9 months with a $5000 price tag...so i picked it up for a trade, took it to advance auto parts for a new battery and drove back from miami to fort myers with a quick wash and air fresheners

9/26/2012

owner lied a lot, said it had a GSR and all sorts of awesomeness...it has a LSVtec in it, B16a head with JDM B18b bottom and a bunch of ebay crap...or so i think...only reason i wanted a GSR is reliability and good gas mileage...im basically going into uncharted waters with a LSVtec motor

after a tune up i got an ek center console and fitted it...still need to fix the fitment...and also got LS wheels in trade for my 17inch ricer burners...plan was to polish and sell...but ended up liking them for the long run

9/30/2012

hated the purple and black window tint so i got rid of it with a steamer...best DIY i ever did that succeeded

10/09/2012

the trunk of the car was full of bugs too, i removed the carpet, washed it, and painted black and thru in my 15in kicker w/ amp which had to come in by removing the rear seats and shoving it in the trunk lol, in the future im gonna put some kind of sound deadening to keep road noise down

10/10/2012

then got down and dirty and started to really deep clean the car, i wanted it to at least have all the dirt off of it and it worked with some hard scrubbing and degreaser/water...the paint job it had was destroyed and didnt even last when i started scrubbing...and the worse part is that it was still dirty!!!

10/15/2012

after a a few months of hating the car and trying to get rid of it because it didnt want to stop leaking...i decided to keep it and go all out...so i removed the carpet and started cleaning everywhere and fixed all the leaks with new parts from honda...but then the car was on hold, i got to pay off my wedding and honeymoon which was a big plus!

2/18/2013

at first i thought the car was in a good shape underneath until it rained and left a mess cause i forgot a window open :smackself, so then i decided to deep clean again on the inside but this time i removed everything and degreased it all with simple green mixed with a little acid to make it nice and get a good smell

2/20/2013

i decided to dump the carpet and go with stockinteriors.com...at this time i wanted to wait till my 2nd month of marriage to order it and be done with my interior in 1 month with new carpet padding...but plans ended up getting a little extended...

2/22/2013

i got married March 3rd 2013 and came back from my honeymoon from Jamaica a week and a half later and started working on the car again on my first week back

my muffler blew from a 2step launch...darn ebay mufflers lol...so i found a twin loop for 20 bucks and got it restored with my wife...then i found out i had a few exhaust leaks that need to be fixed in my piping...idk how i didnt see them, must have not had glasses or something...

3/17/2013

cleaned up the engine bay with simple green, made a huge difference from before lol...also decided to do a mild wire tuck to keep it clean...but havnt gotten around to doing it.

3/28/2013

traded my radio for a better one here at work, and have been rocking no carpet like a race car until the time is right...so i decided to tape up that hole where the manual use to be so the hot air would stop going in...my cheap solution thats gonna be fixed when the carpet comes in.

3/30/2013

and then decided to straight up degrease the car...ended up taking out oil hand prints, over spray, bugs and stains, an some more paint....

4/7/2013

removed wiper cover...its disgusting...going to wash and degrease it and also fix a leak and repaint the cowl from ashy gray to black...or so i think i fixed the link

4/8/2013

new brakes and rotors

4/9/2013

just my luck, woke up this morning to find a nail in my tire...got it patched up and ready to go, just need to polish the LS wheels now to make me feel better about the wheels lol

also painted my wiper cowl, pictures make it look like it has spots for some reason, also fixed the leaky heater core

4/24/2013

havnt made recent updates except a paint job and body work appointment for June/July, because i just moved out of a 2 story appartment and into a 3 story appartment in a gated community =) and still havnt finished or really celebrated my birthday from 4/22 so im kinda stuck with not having any free time for the time being.

TIME TO GET WORK DONE!

iSpeed

To-Do List:

Turbo
Tune
Lighting
Wax
Interior
Final Suspension Pieces
Track Rims and Tires

iSpeed

small update, found someone who wants to trade my LS wheels for some rotas, just need to find a good time to meet up as he and i work to much...and also removed wiper cowl....its disgusting...going to wash and degrease it and also fix a leak and repaint the cowl from ashy gray to black

EJackBauer8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Good start, doing lots of work. Congrats on the marriage. Sucks that the guy you traded lied.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
good progress..you rather have the GSR than the LS-VTEC? If I found out the motor was an LS-V instead of a GSR I would be happy

iSpeed

At first i was scared cause of all the horror stories i heard about lsv swaps and seeing that it was sitting for awhile, but after fixing the leaks and issues, i love it lol, i got videos on YouTube which i need to post up.

iSpeed

quick update: took the car to the shop while i went on lunch to get new brake pads/rotors, go mobile one high mileage full synthetic oil change, missing 1 screw to hold the rotor and only 1 is holding it instead of 2...could this be a problem??? going to fix soon as i go to honda for shopping...

found a pic of the old muffler that blew up on the phone lol...looks like a chicken got inside my pipe

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
those screws can be left out. the wheel bolted on will hold the rotor

iSpeed

^^thanks, ive been googling it and havnt found a clear answer lol...

ok, rotors are new, brake pads are new, i think i need new hardware cause everytime i hit the brakes slowly, its like i have a warped rotor again and something grinds on the rotor (front driver side) ... temp. fixed it with wd40 until i can further inspect it...

note: i think its crazy to pay $23 at advance for new hardware...almost took a dump when i saw that...next time im going with Autozone and get the C-max's which comes with hardware instead of wearever golds which dont...

iSpeed

just my luck, woke up this morning to find a nail in my tire...got it patched up and ready to go, just need to polish the LS wheels now...also painted my wiper cowl, pictures make it look like it has spots for some reason

iSpeed

@robin...: thanks, i try to keep it clean but its hard doing that in a daily driver for some reason...

iSpeed

well i have more pictures, but ended up deleting them from my Flickr account...so just to catch up i picked up a D5100 with a kit lens and a 55-200mm lens and also traded wheels around

had these

traded to these

then traded for these

i experimented with my new camera while the car is getting a Yonaka Exhaust fitted...now its super quiet!

some night time shots

and then i got a photo shoot with a new friend of mine. 130 total pictures, and all of which are being sent to magazines for some coverage =)

and as soon as christmas was over, this happened.......

i also decided to take advantage of this moment and leave my civic at the shop until i get extra funds...i was suppose to drop off the civic in January to get a paint job but that is probably going to wait a little, but not long since the paint has been purchased...and its not clover green pearl OR root beer ;)