iSpeed's Midori Green EJ2 ver. 2.0

iSpeed

These posts are from another forum, didnt want to go by all the pictures one by one so i just copy and pasted it.

its been about 6 years since owning this car, 4 years its been running, and the last 2 years its been abandoned...decided to make a more updated build thread starting off when my clutch blew and i needed to refresh my suspension ...

i ordered :
F2 Type 1 Coilovers
NEW Upper Control Arms
NEW Bushings
NEW Tie Rod Upper and Lower
NEW End Links
NEW Lower Ball Joints
Exedy Pro-Kit Clutch kit
F1 Flywheel 9.5 pound
Hasport Motor Mounts 62a
New Starter
New Rack and Pinion Boots
New Power Steering bolts
New PS Belt
Honda MTF Trans Fluid

got the car running, felt amazing, but didnt have funds to keep it going...this was about middle of May 2014

moved out of my apartment into a duplex with a garage...then picked up new tires

i went thru that, low and slow phase in life..around late 2014

shortly after i abused the hell out of the car. my tranny and clutch blew...which lead to a long 2 year hiatus...

iSpeed

good news about it, the car got painted...bad news, some parts was robbed...

that was the last time i saw the car...

iSpeed

after getting the news that the car was robbed into at the shop i was storing it at, and the theives took some motor parts and interior parts...it was time to bring it home...after sitting for so long and catching dust and over spray...it was time to bring this civic back to life...

finally home...soon as i got it in my garage, i started clean up..

I wet sanded the windows, and removed a good number of baked overspray

wiped down and cleaned the engine bay, until i noticed that it wasnt getting cleaner...

pushed it outside, cleaned it up

noticed i had over spray on the car and started to buff, polish, and clay bar the car...

after working hard, and not finishing the entire car sadly...

iSpeed

after taking a short break from the car, i had my first baby, bought myself a 2013 VW CC, and spoiled me and my wife a little...and then after that, i went back to work...

ordered

Innovative rear bracket for EG...which btw are amazing!
Innovative Mounts 95A ... super stiff ...
TPS sensor
Wireloom
Wires
Gaskets
a bunch of bolts
fuse boxs
EG cluster
and another wiring harness to source plugs...

received the parts last week...finished the wire tuck, prepped the car for the swap...

then the bad news hit...i got a 2 post mount and need a 3 post...

and thats where im going to stop...more updates coming soon as more money comes in for more parts...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NEXT POST.

Parts List:

Low Comp, LS Vtec
b16a Head
b18b Block
Golden Eagle Gasket
ARP Studs
Wiseco Pistons

Rebuilt LS Transmission
7.5 Fidenza Flywheel
ACT MAXX Xtreme Racing Clutch

Stock Fit Wheels
205/45/16 GT Tires

Form Fuction Type 1 Coilovers
New Bushing Everywhere...
VMS rear Camber kit
OEM control arms

This is the list of updated parts that have been installed to the car. swapped out a few things for better things.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NEXT POST

I ordered a few more things for the car, all that's left is tires, spark plugs, coolant, oil, filter, and IGN wires and also debating if i want to run my turn signals and wipers and lights on switches or keep it OEM

iSpeed

NEXT POST

going to freshen this up, work as much as i can on the car tomorrow night, and see if i can start it up sooner. probably going to replace this in the future for the billet post mount.

NEXT POST

so, from 7pm, till 1...ish AM...so many issues popped up but thank goodness i was able to work around it and get the job done...

as you can see, i ended up cutting the plastic to find the holes...whoever said you can move it over without touching the crank...is a liar lol

fitted the new/used 2 post mount, didnt even have time to clean it cause ive been busy with the baby and work...

fitted the mount finally...

after that, dropped the motor, removed chains, put the VC back on with new gaskets, and started with wiring..

bam. just like that, wiring done and routed..

next up was the axels, i ended up installing the driver side axel and half shaft...but started to get sleepy and called it a night around 1am...next weekend ill be able to have oil, spark plugs, and a few things ready to hopefully turn the car on...cause this sunday im relaxing lol

NEXT POST

last night was a long night, managed to put on the axles on the car, and started stripping the interior and getting ready to paint the interior...still figuring out what color to go with

before..

after...i vacuumed, and and washed the floors with dish soup to remove any dirt and grime but no pictures after.

next up is removing the hinges and belts for the rear

thats all for today. im off to go :drink:

NEXT POST

quick update...

not much going on, trying to now piece together the car with what i have so far..

hooked up shift linkage, finished installing axles, connected fuse box and ecu, removed safety systems, worked on wiring and location of wires, hooked up throttle cable, hooked up clutch slave cylinder, cleaned up oil pan and installed oil pan with new gasket.

little by little i guess lol

iSpeed

NEXT POST

well, i got pretty far today, only thing left is to fix a few wiring issues...

managed so far to do:
-install radiator
-replace bypass hose
- install new thermo-cylinder head hose
-replace with new coolant temp sensor
-fix axle since it wasnt all the way in
-gap and install NGK spark plugs
-install spark wires
-install and seal up valve cover gasket
-add oil, add tranny oil, add coolant
-install cluster and wires
-cut wires and install new terminals for battery
-mock up header
-cover up and replace all the block off valves and locations on manifold
-replace a few clamps
-install fuel rail and plug up fuel filter

not much pictures, i actually took a bunch of pictures of the wires so i can look it over at work and try and figure out why my car isnt starting...well..to be more descriptive...no fuel being sent to motor, no spark, and no crank...but the lights all work and CEL is up...

if anyone can pitch in, let me know...im running out of ideas...gonna post a thread up in the B series side of the forums to find some light

NEXT POST

cleaned up the interior wiring, fixed my g101 ground, just need to take up a few wires and hide them better. also found a few bad connections and plugs and replaced them using the extra harness that i had in the garage.

coolant temp sensor plug wires ripped off, so i ended up replacing it and made it cleaner

first time using heat shrink honestly, i always had other people do it for me cause i was afraid of messing up

MESS

SORTA MESS

CLEANED UP BUT STILL MESSY...MESS LOL

Working on the Passenger Headlight harness

Driver Harness almost done

Cleaned up more on the wiring harness for the interior, now its ready for dash

installing door panels...

car starts up fine now, just need to calibrate the TPS sensor, wait for carpet and tires to come in, install dash and temporary seats, and then start work on the outside of the car and get headlights and switches to work. guestimating 3-4weeks and the car will be ready for the road to get a new tune, alignment, and registration =)

NEXT POST

First start up video!

car runs, had to adjust the screw and TPS and throttle cable but managed to get it at idle right under 1000, soon as i get the rest of the car installed, its time for tuning!

iSpeed

NEXT POST

small update...

got the new tires on the fit wheels.

removed the over spray on the wheels, and detailed them up and added a layer of wax for more protection

replaced my rusty slave cylinder and bled the clutch and brakes, the DOT3/4 went from black to a nice clear color

finished wiring up the headlights and HID, all thats left is tucking, taping, and screwing in the HID so its nice and hidden from the weather.

little by little

red bull coolant overflow

this where things got crazy, spent an hour cleaning and pressure washing my seat and restored it to new with no stains, then dyed it in black rite paint for a full day.

BEFORE

thats all for now, i need to go and finish getting the passenger harness done and connected for the fan switch, ziptie some more wires, install front bumper and fenders and lights, then put 93 pump gas, and take it to get registered this Friday! Ill probably update after i give it a nice wash or when my carpet shows up

NEXT POST

good morning! today is test day! going to put a few gallons of gas, tighten up a few bolts, and test out fans and go for a ride after i get fenders up

dont mind the broken bumper on my CC, its getting fixed tomorrow...

iSpeed

drove it today, switching out a few things, later, also need to bleed clutch and brakes again and also remove air bubbles in the radiatior, i thought i got it all settled in last night but i guess i was wrong.

iSpeed

THANKS! its been fun driving this car around, got a few issues with a delayed fuel pump priming, but besides that, its all good! also got a fiberglass hood for cheap locally and im going to restore it and paint it midori green.

iSpeed

i have been driving around for 2 weeks straight, had to order a Moroso pan and pickup tube, new rear camber kit, and a rywire braided clutch line. still waiting for the clutch line to come in from california, but so far so good besides the fact that i think i burnt my cluster...

old oil pan

new oil pan

dont have pics of the new camberkit, but got hardrace ones to replace my old ebay setup

thats all for now, going to take a little vacation from the car and focus on my VW CC while i wait to get all the parts for the interior.

willisd167

i have been driving around for 2 weeks straight, had to order a Moroso pan and pickup tube, new rear camber kit, and a rywire braided clutch line. still waiting for the clutch line to come in from california, but so far so good besides the fact that i think i burnt my cluster...

old oil pan

new oil pan

dont have pics of the new camberkit, but got hardrace ones to replace my old ebay setup

thats all for now, going to take a little vacation from the car and focus on my VW CC while i wait to get all the parts for the interior.

Really clean build, love the midori green paint, not a fan of the fit wheels but great job on the whole car [emoji91][emoji91][emoji91]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice job with the paint work.
It's nice to see the car torn down then you're able to paint all the little nooks and crannies.
Not loving the Fit wheels, sit too far in for my taste, but the rest of the car looks great.
I really like the Midori color, looks really nice with the hood and the front and rear clear lights.

Last edited: