ITB's for an D16Z6

SiMAC

I'm looking at Skunk 2 ITB's for my D series I just wanted to know what's the power ratio I'm looking at gaining by doing this, I mean if I'm gonna drop $1300 on these things I better be getting some back out of my buck, I've also looked at an jackson racing supercharger as well, boost is always an option as well, but I think it's overrated. if you guys could let me know how much power I'll gain or if it's even worth spending the $1300 that'd be awesome.
Thanks

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
boost overrated?

you know whats overrated is the 15whp you might gain by spending 1300 on ITBs for a d series

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
had no idea skunk2 made itb's in the first place

SiMAC

Skunk2 makes a variety of sizes of ITB's.

and yes boost is overrated, everyone boost their cars. I wanna have something different.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Skunk2 makes a variety of sizes of ITB's.

and yes boost is overrated, everyone boost their cars. I wanna have something different.
Where are you finding this. I don't see them on there website or anywhere else.

97ek_coupe

i literally fell out of my chair laughing. those are throttle bodies, as in only one, for use with your intake manifold.

SiMAC

Well sorry, I didn't know. perhaps someone could point me in the direction I need to go then?

nicoalex2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Direction would be, find out what you want and research. Google is always good too

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You need to figure out what it is that you are actually going for before you go out and spend a bunch of money. You mention considering a supercharger but also that boost is overrated referring to a turbocharger. Superchargers and turbochargers are both considered boost. Why is turbo overrated? It's the most popular and maybe overdone but it's not overrated. It works, other than nitrous it's the best bang for your buck. Superchargers are a good option as well, you well get less power than a turbocharger but still a considerable gain and should be more reliable. ITB's are an option but probably the most impractical of all. The car will be harder to tune than turbo or supercharged and are illegal almost everywhere (if not everywhere). What do you have done to your car now? I'm guessing that there are things that would need to be done before jumping right into forced induction anyways.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^^ straight from an OG

SiMAC

I haven't really done a whole lot, I've got a ZC long bottom, with a Z6 head with a bored Y8 manifold. if I was to super charge it, I'd get bigger injectors and fuel pump. I mean I really haven't done too much research on it. I don't know too much about motor work to be honest, I'm just starting to really get into it.

Decipher

Registered VIP
Not that I'm recommending it, since I agree with what everyone else has told you here, but there is a(actual) ITB manufactured for the Z6 head. Here:

http://www.obxracingsports.com/products.php?pk=1476

That's a big price tag for a tiny weeny little bit of performance. Although, they do usually look pretty cool. I say, get over your aversion to turbo chargers and save your money.

CivicxTree754

Registered VIP
Wow...i think he was gonna buy or at least thinking about buying 4 Tb's hhahahahahahah

And to the OP. From what ive read and found over the few years ITB's would compliment a all motor setup or a boosted setup.

emerican

Registered VIP
Besides that they wont gain you near the same as boost itb's are very hard to tune alot harder than boost to the point where some poeple have said when the weather outside changes the tune needs to be changed. Do some reaserch figure out your power goals budget and mechanical abilty and then decide on what you want to go with boost etc whatever it may be