ITR front end?

92gsrcivic

Hello everyone my name is Nate and i have a 92 eg civic with a gsr swap and engine wire tuck. i live in ohio so winter is coming up and my car is going to be parked. i want to do a ITR front end on my car. I know a lot of people dont like this swap but im 17 and i like it and my car is going to be done the way i like it and not what other ppl like so plz dont write mean things about this swap. All i want to know if any of you have done this swap and any help you can give me about doing this.

Thanks

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i can guarantee you that no one here has done an itr front end on their civic...but if you like it go right on ahead..you'll need the hood, fenders, headlights, core support, bumper, and knowledge on how to put back your oem front when you cant align the parts correctly..i believe you have to cut and weld the rears of your stock fenders with the front of the itr ones..not really sure..they might even sell the kit completed online already..POST PICS!!!

92gsrcivic

Yea i know theres cutting and welding the only thing im worryed about is the hood fitting. I wish some one had pics of there front end swap. I have a 92 hatch with a gsr in it. the wires are tucked and there is a cage in it. all the body work has been done to it. My brother got it off of an old lady and it was an auto and only had 90000 miles on it. My brother did the cage and body work and painted it. he went to school for that. now the car is mine and i want to do this front end swap i like how it looks and ill be the only one with it in my town in ohio.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its do able, but going to be a long and expensive project. and basing it off your age, i doubt your going to do right. its something that someone with lots of custom fab experience will have to do

92gsrcivic

I knew someone was going to say something about my age lol I have been in a grauge helping build cars sence i can remember. Im not very book smart but am smart when it comes to hands on things. I have helped my brother do a 91 us integra front end on a hatch. Every thing was done right i just thought it was very ugly lol so im sure i can do this. I know im going to have to do custom finders and cut my rad support out and put the new one in. The only thing i want to know is once i get my new rad support on and welded is my hood going to latch.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok, well thats good. most people at that age done have the type of experience or knowledge. but it should latch up. your going to have to put a itr front half on basically

92gsrcivic

I'm hoping if I switch Rad supports the hood fits because the itr hood looks much longer buy I'm hoping it works.

treeafodo

Austin
Registered VIP
That looks a lot better than I thought it would big you go ahead and do this, good luck! =)