J30a

CustomCreations

I asked this in the engine tech threads... i dont know where to really ask this. But I picked up a J30A v6 engine tonight for $250. It runs. it does not have a wirring harness or a transmission. Did i get a good deal? whats it worth? What can I do with it?

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Any good running engine for $250 is a good deal in my book. Now comes the decision of how much money you wanna drop to get that thing in your car or if you just wanna sell it,

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well how many miles are on it? is it a true jdm j30a or just a usdm j30a1 a4 or a5?

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
really either way its not going to be much. a jdm j30a with low miles can still be had for around $400. so your probably looking at a small profit at best

CustomCreations

I am not sure on the miles. Id say 150K +. and I have not picked the engine up yet. My buddy said it was a J30A... nothing past tht. When I pick it up tomarrow what do I need to look for? how do I tell if its jdm or usdm?

CustomCreations

well I figured for $250 it wasnt a bad deal. I was looking on ebay and $500 was about all for one. Honestly... what should I do with the thing? my buddy says its Usdm J30A1... had 130K on the speedo.