10+ Year Member
its passed saturday...

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I forgot where I saw it, I think on k20a.org, but they have a huge thread going over some of those break in before tuning myths. anyway, go drive around lol

97civicMan

Knucklehead h8r
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
[QUOTE

[/QUOTE]

:drool::drool:

lookin sick brother.........thats one clean ass bay! Props to you :thumbs up

shinobi550

5+ Year Member
I forgot where I saw it, I think on k20a.org, but they have a huge thread going over some of those break in before tuning myths. anyway, go drive around lol
I found the tread about the break in. I'm doing it right I'm running Motul 10w30 Break in oil I had to order it no ones carry it. When you break in new motor it has to be potroleum based oil only no synthetic can be used. Then after 500 miles you can switch. I remember when i built my drag race motor I broke it in on the dyno because i used all forged internals and so you don't have to do the 500 mile break in.

Update - What's up fellas alot of surprises poped up, one of them really upset me but i'm back on track. I'm in the middle of moving that also been taking up my time. So let me fill you in my LSD was shot to s***, I bought it off a guy and the LSD had chucks of metal in the spider gears. That solve the mystery of the clicking noise and locking up at low speed when i turn. So I had to get a new LSD.

so for right now the car is on hold will be back on the road monday

Last edited by a moderator:

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Engine break in is stupid. Your rings will seat within 10 minutes. If any bolt doesn't back out within the first few times it's heat cycled it more than likely won't back out. I run the car down the road on a good base map and rev it to about 4 or so while having the car give the engine load during acceleration and deceleration. Trust me I've built a lot of engines and had them tuned. None of them have let go before a tune or on they dyno. And not to be rude but I'm not seeing all of said money spent. Maybe you just need more pics. But as far as the dyno results if you tune it on a dyno jet I'd say about 180-185 whp and 133 tq.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^^ that's why I mentioned the break in to the OP. Motorcycles get thrashed a few good times for break in. the excessive miles are kinda retarded

shinobi550

5+ Year Member
Engine break in is stupid. Your rings will seat within 10 minutes. If any bolt doesn't back out within the first few times it's heat cycled it more than likely won't back out. I run the car down the road on a good base map and rev it to about 4 or so while having the car give the engine load during acceleration and deceleration. Trust me I've built a lot of engines and had them tuned. None of them have let go before a tune or on they dyno. And not to be rude but I'm not seeing all of said money spent. Maybe you just need more pics. But as far as the dyno results if you tune it on a dyno jet I'd say about 180-185 whp and 133 tq.
Yea I would agree with you

I well I'm passed the break in crap guys I agree because like i said earlier i didn't do it on my last motor. I just need to fix my tranny Monday then i'm getting on the dyno I didn't hit 500 miles any way lol .But thanks for the back up fellas

Last edited by a moderator:

shinobi550

5+ Year Member
O yea far as money wise I 5,000 is alot of money to build a stock base motor to run in the Honda challenge.

Just in OEM Honda miscellaneous parts i spent 700-800 bucks
My hondata gasket,Sk2 mani, Sk2 fuel composite, RC injectors that's - 1000 right there and that's just top stuff lol dude don't get me started. But I'll tell you this I'll never do it this way again lol I did it cause I wanted everything new, but New = $$$$$$

Don't forget machine work my head worth $3,000

DuckIt

are you done bragging about your money spending? Jesus, you have a nice car, but the fact that your such a douche about the AW3s0m3 JdMMMNeSs, and how much money you spent on it, it makes me have zero respect for you.

I saw the pictures, was like :drool:, then read and was like :facepalm:.

Blox coilovers? really? for spending so much on every aspect, youve cheaped out in the most important part of your "circuit racing" build. Especially since for like another 300 dollars you could have gotten what you needed. Just a waste of money, but i guess moneys no object here.

:end rant:

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Doesn't sound like that much money to me. A bunch of wasted money for the end product and the performance gained, but its not my car. I still wanna see the dyno of this completely fresh motor

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
mugen oil pan. good lord. what made you purchase that?

but i like this build, and buddy club headgasket, thats a different choice from the normal