Japan Inspired EJ1 !!!!!!

shinobi550

5+ Year Member
My Type R is back together and I'm happy with the power increase not back

Results: 190 whp 133 Tq

That's a rap for now ...... Happy Motoring Guys !!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

shinobi550

5+ Year Member
I'm back been a minute .......well to catch up guys up I installed Skunk2 tuner2 cams and hit 205whp 136tq then late 2013 I spun a bearing. So I bought a Daily Driver 2000 Integra Gs-R and the civic been in the garage until now. So lets get serious

Here's my track wheels i'll be using

last pic I took before the rebuild

Pick your poison

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What's the plans for the motor now?

shinobi550

5+ Year Member
It's going to be 82mm bore now and I have to use a thinker head gasket because the pistons will put me at 12.1:1 with oem gasket I'm going to enter Redline Time attack and HC. I'm going to retire the car after that and focus on F3000 racing school.

DOHCtR-V

Sick build!
I give you credit for taking all the neg that was bejng thrown around in the early stages.
Most would've taken it personal, glad you saw this one through!
Keep us updated.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Where has this build been hiding? :popcorn:

shinobi550

5+ Year Member
LOL in the garage man I just dropped of the Calipers to get powder coated blue i'll post pic when I pick them in up in a few hours. them tomorrow I"m taking the motor to machine shop to get blue printed and the head fix and a few leaks in the valves.

I'll take you guys back to last year I found my Dyno sheets

This one I installed SuperTech valve train and gained power

Here we was playing around with power band and different tunes and you can see it stil made power up to 9600 RPM (Skunk2 cams) Stock ITR exhaust .

Installed wrong size header (B20)and you get this dip in your power band not cool

Then got the right one PLM Toda Rep. and I gain some Tq.

as you can see I went through alot of headers lol ....I sold them after I got the right Tune I wanted

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That's a lot of skrill in parts! Definitely on the right track here man. Too bad you'll be retiring it soon :(

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It looks like the headers were just put on and not tuned. The b20 header looks like vtec needed to be moved to handle that dip. Each setup seemed really similar though.

And I'm assuming on your valvetrain install graph, that was the green line? Seems strange to pick up that midrange but not carry it as far

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aww, I came to knock it for being so JDM, yet a coupe, and realized this was a 2yr old thread

shinobi550

5+ Year Member
It looks like the headers were just put on and not tuned. The b20 header looks like vtec needed to be moved to handle that dip. Each setup seemed really similar though.

And I'm assuming on your valvetrain install graph, that was the green line? Seems strange to pick up that midrange but not carry it as far
That's what we thought and tried that man we made over 20 passes. What happens is the header what's more air flow after vtec and the motor to small for it .

I 'm back from the paint shop here they are just have to order stickers to put back on them

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That's what we thought and tried that man we made over 20 passes. What happens is the header what's more air flow after vtec and the motor to small for it .
I hear you, but in no way does a b20 outflow a type R head. So a b20 would do worse with that header if that's the case of needing more airflow. I could see bigger cams in your motor or a ported head, but not the .2 displacement. Interesting tests either way

shinobi550

5+ Year Member
I complete forgot to post other parts I installed

Might run E85 in the future

I love this sway bar it works wonders

Can't wait to drive it again it's been to long

dropped off everything at machine shop. OK boys and girls if you got deep pockets this is the only way to rebuild and blue print. Like I said before this is the last time I do this.
Head : Leak test, cleaned resurface and reassembled

Block : Bored, honed and block guard pressed in
Complete balance rotating assembly Crank, Pistons, Rods