Jared's Si

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Don't know if any of you will remember this car or who it belongs to since it's been long time since it was posted, but I bought this off of my good friend Dominick.

2009 Honda Civic Si
70k miles
Completely stock except for the hood bug deflector, and smoked overlays on the reverse lights

So, naturally I have a lot of plans for this, but first and foremost is to pay it off. So I'm gonna do a little here and a little there. (Mom isn't too happy when I said I'm gonna be buying all this stuff for it haha)

Premise for the Si is eventually street/track car.

Current plans:
- Coils: thinking of ground controls with koni yellows
- Exhaust: Vibrant catback; unsure of a header atm, would like to stay with the cat for now
- Hawk pads w/ blank or slotted rotors
- Full interior LED conversion
- Intake: not sure what I wanna do with this yet. Probably just upgraded filter in stock airbox

That's all I can think of currently.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So awesome! Super excited for you Jared :thumbs up

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Looks good man! Excited to see it's transformation :cool:

I did a full interior LED conversion last week, it's sooo bright lol

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks good man! Excited to see it's transformation :cool:

I did a full interior LED conversion last week, it's sooo bright lol
Thanks dude! I can't wait to start ordering stuff. Gotta order in bits and pieces and be patient with this one because now I have big boy responsibilities and I have a budget plan to keep me from getting in trouble so hopefully everything will work out in the end and I'll get to my goal.
Nice car!
Thanks!

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Changed the oil and picked up spark plugs and two wheel bearings. Nothing but OEM.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Look at you ;) finally got a nice clean, unmolested platform. An Si at that! Well done man.

I've been looking at the coupes myself.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Look at you ;) finally got a nice clean, unmolested platform. An Si at that! Well done man.

I've been looking at the coupes myself.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Haha thanks man. I love everything about this car.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thanks dude! I can't wait to start ordering stuff. Gotta order in bits and pieces and be patient with this one because now I have big boy responsibilities and I have a budget plan to keep me from getting in trouble so hopefully everything will work out in the end and I'll get to my goal.

Thanks!
That's the best way to do it -- be patient and use your money wisely. I did not do this with my Civic... I took out a small loan for my boost parts, thinking I could play first pay later. It worked, but unforseen issues meant that on top of the loan, I spent a a little more than anticipated to get it running. High interest rate on the loan due to little credit at the time, so it got expensive quick.

Now, I've been saving $75 per paycheck towards car funds, which goes into a bank account that I try to forget about. It adds up pretty quick!

How's your tint laws down there? That car would looks great with some tint, even if not that dark.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That's the best way to do it -- be patient and use your money wisely. I did not do this with my Civic... I took out a small loan for my boost parts, thinking I could play first pay later. It worked, but unforseen issues meant that on top of the loan, I spent a a little more than anticipated to get it running. High interest rate on the loan due to little credit at the time, so it got expensive quick.

Now, I've been saving $75 per paycheck towards car funds, which goes into a bank account that I try to forget about. It adds up pretty quick!

How's your tint laws down there? That car would looks great with some tint, even if not that dark.
That's what I've been doing. Putting like $100-200 each paycheck in my savings account. The car is already tinted. The rear windows and the windshield are like 35-45% or something like that and the front is like 65-75%. Tint laws are strict in PA but its usually whether the cop feels like being a d**k. If you don't go super dark, you're okay. I like the way it looks right now. If the sun comes out later, I'll get a better picture to show you.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nice pickup. Didn't he have a few things done to it? For some reason I remember that thing being slammed.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice pickup. Didn't he have a few things done to it? For some reason I remember that thing being slammed.
It was, but he put it back to stock to sell it, and this is how I got it. I'm gonna be buying the exhaust he had on it soon.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Took the car out tonight to give it a quick wash and a little drive through some back roads. It's amazing how much different and better this car handles compared to my integra.