JDM Emblems vs "other"

Shesfromthefire

Import Sweethearts
Are JDM Emblems really the way to go? I know I've found some "similar" emblems on eBay, but definitely aren't the real thing. I've heard a lot of bad stuff about fake emblems cracking, not sticking etc... The ones on eBay are $63.99 and the the JDM ones I found on JDMgoodies are $98.50

Are the JDM ones worth it? I don't want to buy the others and have them fall apart on me. I appreciate the feedback!

Linzi

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you get what you pay for. live by that.

nates97coupe

an emblem is an emblem, not too much that can go wrong. but why would you put jdm emblems on a usdm car? never understood that idea.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
an emblem is an emblem, not too much that can go wrong. but why would you put jdm emblems on a usdm car? never understood that idea.
Personal preference. A lot of stuff isn't technically JDM. eBay lists a lot of their stuff as "JDM" as a marketing gimmick to sucker kids into buying their products.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wow $100 for an H with red back? Its up to you and your budget. Id just get an acura one and turn it around =)

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
I dont know bout honda emblems however my buddy has bought sti emblems for his lgt off ebay and they turned out alright. He never had any problems with them he finally took them off though just got tired of them.

emerican

Registered VIP
The H emblems on ebay even the more expensive ones my friends have bought have been a 50/50 shot.
One friends are perfect been on the car for a year now, other friend the badge somehow let moisuter get behind it looked like s**t and ended up cracking.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
eBay is hit or miss. Same goes with any eBay generic part.

Shesfromthefire

Import Sweethearts
I think I'll probably get the JDM ones even if they're more. That way I can also get the emblem overlays I want. Thanks!

Shesfromthefire

Import Sweethearts
Before or after the overlay? I'm still debating. I've blown my holiday bonus so JDM emblems are on my wish list. I won't know whether they're real or not. In theory the overlay would hold them together and cover any imperfections.

kid2006

there are the ones on ebay that costs like 10 bucks. those obviously are the fakes, bad adhesive and looks like a cheap piece of plastic garbage.

the ones that costs 50 bucks+ are the legit ones that looks identical to the "JDM" ones from japan. but then again, they'e not made by the japanese themselves rendering them fakes as well.

bottom line, don't waste money on jdm badges.

Shesfromthefire

Import Sweethearts
Paid $75 for "genuine" which seems too good to be true. Like I said, I'm covering them with an overlay so I didn't want to spend $150

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the price from the ebay is pricy too, i would get the jdm if you are dropping that much money on it already.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
do you have a link to the ebay ones, if they are that expensive they are probably oem

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just looked and saw some on eBay for $63.99 that were OEM in factory packaging. Looks like you already got some though.