jdm emiission in MA

2000exCivic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
will a jdm engine obd2 pass emission in massachusettes if i do a swap in a 2000 ex i wanna swap a b18b1

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
any honda engine with a number after the last letter is not a jdm engine.

Scorchsta

huh?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It depends if the motor is OBD2a or if it's OBD2b. Your car is OBD2b and if you put a OBD2a engine in, it might not pass inspection. If it's an OBD2b engine, then it should pass fine.

5thGenCX

long gearing owns me.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wouldn't the motor need to be from an '00 or '01 Integra then? As far as the "swapping in an engine of your year or newer" goes..

shoemaker617

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
2000exCivic said:
will a jdm engine obd2 pass emission in massachusettes if i do a swap in a 2000 ex i wanna swap a b18b1
Honestly, you probably wont know till you try. What part of Mass. you from? I have connections, for $60 I know a place thatll hook you. But keep on the down low :naughty: sssshhhhhhhhhh

2000exCivic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
shoemaker617 said:
Honestly, you probably wont know till you try. What part of Mass. you from? I have connections, for $60 I know a place thatll hook you. But keep on the down low :naughty: sssshhhhhhhhhh
pittsfield

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
uh... from what I know... to Pass emmisions in massachusetts with a USDM engine swap, it's fairly simple... if you were ever stuck in the situation with your insurance company though, you'll need the papers from the donor car.. but thats about it.. a JDM engine... not too sure.

2000exCivic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ShinsenTuner said:
uh... from what I know... to Pass emmisions in massachusetts with a USDM engine swap, it's fairly simple... if you were ever stuck in the situation with your insurance company though, you'll need the papers from the donor car.. but thats about it.. a JDM engine... not too sure.[/QUOTE
i know about the usdm one