JDM Steering Wheel

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey, i was just wondering what i needed to switch my stock steering wheel for the jdm 3 spoke. will i still be able to have cruise control? and what about the airbag?

Si_Racer13

JDMchris>>>
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
All you need is the steering wheel. It will bolt right up.

As far as the airbag, are you asking if the JDM will work? or how to take it off without it going off?

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
both. will the jdm airbag work? and what about cruise control and what not

Si_Racer13

JDMchris>>>
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yes the JDM airbag will work. As far as Cruise control, if you have a automatic it will work, but you need to wire it up.

As for removing your existing steering wheel with the airbag

1) Turn your steering Wheel so that the Honda emblem is straight.

2) disconnect your battery.

3) pull out the fuse for the SRS system,..this is the same fuse as the fuel pump,..then once you do that,..look underneath your steering wheel,..there should be a lil cover,..pry that open and unplug the yellow harness,...that is your airbag harness,..once you have the new wheel in make sure you dont forget the fuse,..if you not put back in the fuse your car will not turn over because of no fuel delivery

4) Remove the horn cover on the wheel (you will need a T30 torx driver to remove the airbag. These screws are accessible through two snap doors on either side of the airbag.)

5) using a Ratchet, detach the steering wheel from the steering column.

6) Put on the hub adapter (make sure that the top is up)

7) place the rubber cover over the hub

8) attach the ringto the hub, then place the steering wheel on the huband spacer, and screw on the bolts.

9)attach to steering column with ratchet

10) after driving around for a while check the screw to see if they have to be tightened.

*I pieced this together off civichatchback.com by posts from me, OZ99, and WideBodyEK

racerbot

MUGEN POWER
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey si_racer those are sum pretty detailed instructions. good stuff man!

Si_Racer13

JDMchris>>>
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I forgot to add that those instructions were for a aftermarket steering wheel. If you use the JDM steering wheel you dont have to worry about the hub part #6-8.