JDM Type R/ USDM SI questions

Blvckchrxs

So I bought a 96 coupe and it's my plan to finish this project for once. I never finish them and im tired of it. Anyways.... I want to take the Type R interior(not the whole interior since it's RHD but like the door panels, ac and radio panel, shift boot and maybe some other interior pieces) and swap it in or find a wrecked Si and take the interior.
Exterior-wise, For the Type R I believe only the sideskirts and front end would match up since the EK9 is hatch. Or take the Si Body pieces and wing.

I am having the hardest time finding things like the Type R door Panels. Do any of you guys have an active source for JDM Honda parts like that? I came from a Subie and this guy ran a marketplace on RS25 that always had cool older JDM parts. Maybe there are a few Honda folks you could recommend?

As far as the Si.i believe they only came in 00 for the 6th gen. If that is true, what parts (interior, exterior) could I swap over easily and which would not be compatible due to subtleties,etc.? (I have manual doors and I'm not interested in doing the electric swap so door panels are ruled out either way)

Any help would be appreciated! I'll be posting alot of pictures once the mods start talking place

FWDKILLER

So I bought a 96 coupe and it's my plan to finish this project for once. I never finish them and im tired of it. Anyways.... I want to take the Type R interior(not the whole interior since it's RHD but like the door panels, ac and radio panel, shift boot and maybe some other interior pieces) and swap it in or find a wrecked Si and take the interior.
Exterior-wise, For the Type R I believe only the sideskirts and front end would match up since the EK9 is hatch. Or take the Si Body pieces and wing.

I am having the hardest time finding things like the Type R door Panels. Do any of you guys have an active source for JDM Honda parts like that? I came from a Subie and this guy ran a marketplace on RS25 that always had cool older JDM parts. Maybe there are a few Honda folks you could recommend?

As far as the Si.i believe they only came in 00 for the 6th gen. If that is true, what parts (interior, exterior) could I swap over easily and which would not be compatible due to subtleties,etc.? (I have manual doors and I'm not interested in doing the electric swap so door panels are ruled out either way)

Any help would be appreciated! I'll be posting alot of pictures once the mods start talking place
Si comes in 99 and 2000 , I would use dc2 seats they are comfortable . as far as parts wise look on offer up and ebay people part out wrecks all the time.i just bought si cluster for 50 bucks and so front seats for my 2000 lx . I would find a used ex civic for parts Or use that to build I own a 96 sedan and a 2000 lx sedan all for 800$ for both and they are running mint.if your car is a dx just do a engine swap instead cause it light weight why try to convert it ?.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So I bought a 96 coupe and it's my plan to finish this project for once.
You have a '96 coupe and want to add SI or Type R parts to it?
Anything REAL Type R of this vintage will be pricey.
Real Type R door panels will be expensive and will be wrong for your US market left hand drive car, since the EK9 was RHD only.
I would skip the door panels, or recover the stock ones yourself.
You can buy replica Type R shift boots from Password JDM.
The SI cluster is much more affordable and easier to find, it's plug n play.
You can swap on the SI wing, make sure it is the correct wing since there are two available, the Si model being the taller of the two.

The radio and climate control setup differs from the 96-98 model and 99-00 models.
My opinion, it's not worth the trouble of swapping out.

Here is some general info.
https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/articles/2018/10/09/1996-2000-honda-civic-buyers-guide

https://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/differences-between-96-98-and-99-00.2757/