JL Audio 88' crx

2.0crx

5+ Year Member
ok, this is my 88' crx dx, I am running 4 13.5" w3v3's 2 e1800d amps, and 2 sets of vr650csi componet speakers, with a e4300 amp on those. I fiberglassed the door panels to angle them up towards me. i also have a jvc dvd player with a seperate 7" monitor in the dash, i didnt take a pic cause its not in there due to center console getting fiberglassed. 18" velox wheels is what she's sitting on. its a work in progress. bodykit and paint next. also have another 7" monitor on the way thats going in the dash in front of the passenger seat. Later plans are to get headrest screens just for hater vision, and also sunvisor screens. dont flame on it cause i put a system in it and not turbo, my hatch has the b18 in it so, my rex became the system car..........let me know what you guys think..........

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Can you even hear when you drive :???:

2.0crx

5+ Year Member
Eran said:
Can you even hear when you drive :???:
i cant turn it up too loud if im just drivin around, but it sounds damn clear with the componets. but yeah i can hear and so can people all around me.......... :lol: i havent had a chance to mic it yet but soon i will, helps working at a car stereo shop. saves a lot of money in gas, when you forget stupid little things.

Svr_Civic

dont try, dont fail
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dude thats badass im all into stereo equipment man , the louder the better. I had 2 15" mtx thunder6000's in my 94 hatch , 2 pioneer 6x9's and of course those little 4.5 speakers int eh door...crazy loud

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah. my cousin owns a shop where I live. I don't get any discount on parts, but I do get deals on labor. =)

2.0crx

5+ Year Member
Eran said:
Yeah. my cousin owns a shop where I live. I don't get any discount on parts, but I do get deals on labor. =)
damn that sucks your own blood owns the shop and no discount......that blows....

T!mmy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
2.0crx said:
damn that sucks your own blood owns the shop and no discount......that blows....
hey man...nice lil setup you got there. How do the 13 w3v3 do? I wanted the W7 ones but.....$$

Slowly but surely another rex will be revived lol.

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
are you tryin to buy new windows for your car? i saw a dude once with just two 15s in the back and he shattered his back window.

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I have a full JL system in my car too, 6.5" TR components up front, 6x9" TR's in the back and a 10" W0(got it for $30 off a friend) how are the rear springs and struts doing with all that weight back there?

T!mmy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
HondaSpeedaX said:
I have a full JL system in my car too, 6.5" TR components up front, 6x9" TR's in the back and a 10" W0(got it for $30 off a friend) how are the rear springs and struts doing with all that weight back there?
I've got 2 12" W6V2s..very nice subs

Although, I've always wondered about their components? Your thoughts?

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
T!mmy said:

they aren't too bad, if i had the money and were doing it all over again, i would have gotten the next step up from the TR's...can't remember if its ZR or XR

2.0crx

5+ Year Member
HondaSpeedaX said:
Actually they suspension isnt doing all that bad, but they are old, i do have all new KYB struts sitting around just waiting to put them on. I only scrape when i hit an ok sized bump.

T!mmy said:

I think there on of the best sounding speakers out there, by far the nicest i sell at my store. And I only have the VR's. which thier line goes TR, VR, XR, and now ZR. I would rather have my VR's than Alpine Type X's. IMO. and my VR's at $299.99 a pair isnt horrible. And the 13w3v3's i think do great. I like the new look, and so far they perform really good. my last system i had was 2 13 w7's and 2 1000/1's but i wanted something new.

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
ehhh...JL is to overrated.....to expensive if u ask me....the price u pay for those u can by a RE XXX for the same price and it can throw out 1600 watts rms.....but hey o well....looks nice...i have a 4 12" box but dont have 4 subs lol i have 2 and was gonna get 2 more but decided to work on my turbo system other than that.....do u know how many DB's your system is throwin out?

T!mmy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
2.0crx said:
Actually they suspension isnt doing all that bad, but they are old, i do have all new KYB struts sitting around just waiting to put them on. I only scrape when i hit an ok sized bump.

I think there on of the best sounding speakers out there, by far the nicest i sell at my store. And I only have the VR's. which thier line goes TR, VR, XR, and now ZR. I would rather have my VR's than Alpine Type X's. IMO. and my VR's at $299.99 a pair isnt horrible. And the 13w3v3's i think do great. I like the new look, and so far they perform really good. my last system i had was 2 13 w7's and 2 1000/1's but i wanted something new.
so u traded out for w7s for w3v3? I'm not being a d**k but...are you more satisfied? I have always wanted 2 13w7 with the 1000/1 amp from JL (well 2 of them but you know what I 'm talkig about)

nos_rida

5+ Year Member
:shock: dang that box is huge,bet it hits a good low lick too,

not meaning to steal post or anything, but i was just wandering what you guys thought about the Visonik V1268D4 ? i had two of them in my 88' accord before i sold it, i thought they done pretty good, i also have another question, when i bought the sub and the (sealed)box, they wouldnt fit in the holes that came already cut in the box, well i didnt have the tools to make the holes bigger and didnt know anyone with them at the time,so i put them in backwards ,well since i sold my car, i let my brother borrow them and he had come across the tool to make the hole bigger,so he put them in the right way, and he says they dont sound right, so my question is, is it because we put them in backwards and it made them so they can only be played that way, or is it cause thats the way we been listening to them for so long and it just sounds a little different,hince theres nothing wrong with these subs? thankz

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
No offense.. but the point IISSSS?????