just bought a 02 si... got a few questions...

Si02RacerBOi

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sup, i bought 2002 civic si hatch last week, i already got 930 miles on it haha , i was wondering how long am i suppose to drive it till its actually "broke in"?and how does Hondata work?
thanx. =)

nightkids1

Old School Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
good job i wish i has a new si instead of my new dx civic

good job on not getting a 2000 si they suck they only run mid 16's, a 2001 civic ex can get mid 16's stock, i mean a guy with his new civic lx ran a 17.1!!

Si02RacerBOi

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
a

i read a magazine and it said the 02 si civic hatch only runs a
16.2 quarter mile

nightkids1

Old School Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Re: a

Originally posted by "Si02RacerBOi"

i read a magazine and it said the 02 si civic hatch only runs a
16.2 quarter mile
yeah but if you put a intake ,header and exhaust on it yoiu can run 15's!

99CX

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "Si02RacerBOi"

sup, i bought 2002 civic si hatch last week, i already got 930 miles on it haha , i was wondering how long am i suppose to drive it till its actually "broke in"?and how does Hondata work?
thanx. =)
1000 miles should be good, thats what I was told on my old GSR....

Hondata is basically an ECU that you can control via computer, it comes in many different stages

www.hondata.com

99CX

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "nightkids1"

good job on not getting a 2000 si they suck they only run mid 16's, a 2001 civic ex can get mid 16's stock, i mean a guy with his new civic lx ran a 17.1!!
Stock 99-00 Si runs a 15.8 1/4 mile

97dxhatch

5+ Year Member
Originally posted by "99CX"

nightkids1 said:

Stock 99-00 Si runs a 15.8 1/4 mile
yeah, i thought they ran mid to high 15's stock too :roll:

ReVtecSi

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
99-00 STOCK Si's run high 15's....with intake and exhaust ive seen people run low 15s-high 14s......they dont suck

O.Z Chi

Team San Jose
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
To break in an engine (the difference between a 100k mile car and a 200k mile car):

Keep the rpms changing, do not use cruise control for an extended period of time

Do not rev above 4500 rpm or it may overstress some new engine parts (no VTEC for a while, sorry)

Change the oil and filter at 1500 and 3000 miles

Do this for the first 500-2000 miles

Congrats on your new car! And welcome to ClubCivic. I agree on the fact that 2k Si's sucked. They were as heavy as the Integra GSRs and were underpowered and undertorqued. My EX did pretty well on a sprint at high speed (100+ mph) against an Si ... it never passed me.

7thgencivic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey chad, how can you say the 00 si sucks???? That's a sweet car(with a nice engine). You can't fade the b16.

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think the 99-00 si is the greatest si ever, cuz it's a COUPE! :D :lol:

nightkids1

Old School Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah i wish they came out with a new si that looks like my car with a k20 in it, because it would make it easier for us to swap out are engines.

braintree

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This is how to break in an engine:
1. Drive the car for 100 miles without revving over 3500 and with non-synthetic oil
2. Then change oil, and drive for 200-250 miles with revving over 4000
3. Change oil again and drive for about 600-700 miles and increase revs by about 500 every 100 miles.
4. Change oil and you're good to go.

It's rather painstaking but it's important for the life of the engine.

bmoua

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
to be on the safe side..go about 1500 miles...but...1000 should be okay..too....come on guys..the 99-00 si's weren't that bad...they were pretty nice...alot stronger than my car haha...just yersterday raced the new 02 si's...didn't pull too hard on me but...still lose..

Zak8022

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
faithflor said:
does the 02' si have a k20 in it and how much horsepower does it have?
yes, they had a k20a3. same engine as a RSX base model.

1998cc 160hp@6600rpm 132trq@5000 9.8:1 compression

and now i must say my peace about this being one old ass thread. but good job noob... better to bring back an oldie then start a new one. it shows you searched... you get a gold star!