just bought an lsvtec :(

mosaic_hardflip

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
okay i bought a 95 integra with an lsvtec in it the guy told me vtec didnt work but other than that it was good to go what should i check as far as making sure this was done right motor wise i dont wanna get screwed and it blow up cause the person that installed it was an idiot

Wax Hands

Smell my finger
Registered VIP
What ecu is being used?

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if its half built, its probably poorly built

giggitySI

if hes runnin a different ecu it could effect it. or check the solenoid clean it maybe replace it. next u might wanna make sure u have vtec cams lol he could have been a jerk and said its vtec but put the wrong cams in it....jus a thought. good luck!

civicmand16y7

Registered VIP
if hes runnin a different ecu it could effect it. or check the solenoid clean it maybe replace it. next u might wanna make sure u have vtec cams lol he could have been a jerk and said its vtec but put the wrong cams in it....jus a thought. good luck!
this guys has a good point

mosaic_hardflip

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It has a p28 ecu and I mean it starts and runs fine there is a feint ticking sound between 3000 and 34000 rpm but I don't think it's nternal

civicmand16y7

Registered VIP
It has a p28 ecu and I mean it starts and runs fine there is a feint ticking sound between 3000 and 34000 rpm but I don't think it's nternal
the p28 is a vtec ecu so. Your vtec solenoid could be bad. um your oil could be low. dont have vtec cams. Um thats all i thank of for the vtec not working. to see if it in working order? check comprion check all fluids. the ticking sound could be your valves ticking. but it also could be the bottom end to

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
If you have a vtec head you must have vtec cam's because the non vtec ones won't fit in that head.

mosaic_hardflip

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Okay so compression check and prolly valve adjustment and tune up ... Anyone k kw the compression an lsvtec should read? And also and this is gonna sound gay but I noticed a button zipped tied to the shift knob so I curiously traced where th wire ran to and guess where it went ? Vtec solenoid lol i don know if that's a good or bad thing that I prolly know why vex isn't working but that the dude obviously didn't know anything and the whole setup might be half ass.... I've also read that lsvtecs require you to drill the block for a vtec oil passage way idk it this was done ... I think I may have wasted my money :(