Just finished gauge cluster LED conversion!

zammykoo

caffeinated
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That came out really good. The red is really bright, did you add extra bulbs in the top too?
hey thanks, yeah the red is reflected from the top led's, but i'm getting rid of those as soon as my UV leds come in the mail =)

zammykoo

caffeinated
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
wher are you buying the LED's?
you can find them on ebay if you search "100", "diy", "led", etc. most likely it'll be at a store over in china so its cheap but will take a while to ship

rey rey

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you can find them on ebay if you search "100", "diy", "led", etc. most likely it'll be at a store over in china so its cheap but will take a while to ship
Cool thanks... I'm thinking about the cup holder DIY for my mazda6

zammykoo

caffeinated
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Cool thanks... I'm thinking about the cup holder DIY for my mazda6
yeah i was thinking of getting around to that mod as well, but to make it function better i was thinking of adding a momentary push button switch at the bottom of the cup holder so when a bottle is placed in there it will activate the leds

something like this:
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062508&cp=&sr=1&origkw=momentary+switch&kw=momentary+switch&parentPage=search

i wish our civics had those built in cup stabilizers, so it could be used for a cleaner look

rey rey

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah that would be cleaner. you wouldnt get the constent glow of llights. kind of like the switch in your fridge..

zammykoo

caffeinated
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah that would be cleaner. you wouldnt get the constent glow of llights. kind of like the switch in your fridge..
well it would be constant if the switch is installed correctly, i'm still trying to come up with designs to do so, but yes it would have the fridge effect

zammykoo

caffeinated
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i'm working on the gauges as im posting this.....almost done! hope it turns out great
teaser shots ;)

it actually glows up brighter than what it looks like in this pic =)

stdeath1101

f**k it
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
that's pretty throwed.

is this a complex procedure?

zammykoo

caffeinated
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
that's pretty throwed.

is this a complex procedure?
hell yeah! this took a lot of thought and planning before i actually started it...

UPDATE: i've finished what i was planning to do tonight but i'm not entirely done yet, spent quite a while today so im exhausted.... updated pics to come! stay tuned:cool:

zammykoo

caffeinated
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
w00t, fluorescent needles =D

more to come tonight when it gets dark...

zammykoo

caffeinated
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
is anyone as hyped up about this as i am? lol i'd like to get some feedback/suggestions.... maybe gotta start a new thread, nobody knows im updating lol

zammykoo

caffeinated
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
alright here ya go! i still need to fine tune the angles of the uv leds since they arent pointing directly at the needles... arg. but here you go people!

iOn

I like pie.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nice work bro! looks hella nice. i wish i had time to do this... and the fact that i don't have a solder tool nor the knowledge to use it. :(

Gradeless

RICE FTMFW !
5+ Year Member
almost too blinding...that would hurt my eyes on a long drive

looks good though.....just not for me
Good Job

zammykoo

caffeinated
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thanks for the compliment guys, the photo is actually much brighter and glarry than the actual gauges cause of the night mode setting on my camera.... the exposure time is way too long, and normal shoot mode is too short