Just Finished Making this...

emerican

Registered VIP
I will pay you for one for my 6th gen defintly

wetcmonkey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nice work is that steal though? unless you used the aluminum roll with gas. the welds are clean hit it with a wire wheel, and spray with high temp paint and you can put a patent and sell that. its funny that people buy these, borrow a weld machine and practice you can DIY a lot of parts

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
would it be possible for you to scan the footprint for the strut base and save it to pdf for easy reference and post it up on here?
here is the one that i made. it was just some thin wall 1" square tube and angle. and scrap metal for the firewall mount.

and here are some other ideas for you. heres the grocery friendly 4 pt rear strut bar that should be easy to do. and a lower tie bar. and also some fender braces.

alex_n/a

stocker
if you want to make a budget brace then I would suggesting selling some without any prep work. no primer or paint just lean and mean. I would get one and paint it to match my body paint. just a suggestion though this does not apply to everyone but maybe to some. and it would be a win win since you save your self time painting and stuff and I save my self time removing your hard work lol

FoxfireEK

if you want to make a budget brace then I would suggesting selling some without any prep work. no primer or paint just lean and mean. I would get one and paint it to match my body paint. just a suggestion though this does not apply to everyone but maybe to some. and it would be a win win since you save your self time painting and stuff and I save my self time removing your hard work lol
Its not the powder coating thats expensive ($30), its the aircraft grade steel and the time it takes to make one. (About 100 for all the materials.)

1. we built this out of stuff we had laying around.

2. it takes a solid 8 hours to completion.

3. let's say I sell one for 200 dollars finished, thats 6.25 an hour each for us to make them. If i can get a better set-up I would love to make and sell them finished and un-finished. Right now its not viable to spend a whole day to make 50ish bucks a person.

4. Would anyone even pay 200 (plus shipping) for a "no-name" bar when PW:JDM sells theirs for 229?

Probably not.

If anyone is in the Indianapolis Area and wants one, maybe we can talk...

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
Its not the powder coating thats expensive ($30), its the aircraft grade steel and the time it takes to make one. (About 100 for all the materials.)

1. we built this out of stuff we had laying around.

2. it takes a solid 8 hours to completion.

3. let's say I sell one for 200 dollars finished, thats 6.25 an hour each for us to make them. If i can get a better set-up I would love to make and sell them finished and un-finished. Right now its not viable to spend a whole day to make 50ish bucks a person.

4. Would anyone even pay 200 (plus shipping) for a "no-name" bar when PW:JDM sells theirs for 229?

Probably not.

If anyone is in the Indianapolis Area and wants one, maybe we can talk...
I'm from Greenwood, I may be interested in a little bit, like after christmas.

kingjmack

94 EX Pimp
I love Projects like this. You did an awesome freakin job on it!! I've got the tools to do stuff like this, but my problem is getting the metal. I've only got a mig with the 75/25 gas, so I dont think I could do stainless.