Just had the police at my house

Hatch_Of_Doom

death's just death
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just check it out and see WTF is up. Someone f**king around....

I'd truely hope no one that's going to break in would do a creepy rapist 'tap on window' thing first.

Just go out there, and if confrontation occurs, Chuck Norris roundhouse kick them.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
renegadex96 said:
Couldn't tell ya. Move?
Ahh... some intellegent light on the subject. Because, you know, this is a reasonable action to take and everyone has enough money to just pick up everything and go move somewhere with lower crime.

Hell, I moved all the way across the country to a place with far more crime. Maybe sometimes there is a reason people live in areas with higher crime than maybe they want to live with? Jobs, family, etc.

renegadex96

Captain Obvious
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
NOFX said:
Ahh... some intellegent light on the subject. Because, you know, this is a reasonable action to take and everyone has enough money to just pick up everything and go move somewhere with lower crime.

Hell, I moved all the way across the country to a place with far more crime. Maybe sometimes there is a reason people live in areas with higher crime than maybe they want to live with? Jobs, family, etc.
By that's your choice. People always have choices. Should you choose to live in that situation, then so be it. I myself, would choose otherwise and take appropriate steps to ensure that I have other option and choices available, such as saving money to move. But hey, that's just me. What do I know?

Vtecademics

Senior Lurker
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The issue is not that I don't have enough money. Hell, I'm spending close to 100k for my education. I have no wishes to move away. I moved here not even six months ago. I chose to move here so I can get the best education in my field. Yes, it would be nice if there were less crime but so be it. I'm just saying I feel safer knowing I have protection. "But hey, that's just me. What do I know?"

renegadex96

Captain Obvious
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
No that was more a comment in regards to something else, not so much to yourself.

I'm on the defensive, obviously

Inigo Montoya

powered by boost
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i like how everyone assumes a dog or a gun or lights etc etc is going to stop someone.

sure, deterants are great. however... home raid = 5-6 people in masks with guns... your dogs gunna be dead, youre going to have no time to grab your gun (nor would you want to with 5 people coming at you with weapons themselves) and they will be in and out within minutes.

i agree the most with eran.. people = crime. sounds like you need more lighting and not tell your friends about your parts.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
renegadex96 said:
By that's your choice. People always have choices. Should you choose to live in that situation, then so be it. I myself, would choose otherwise and take appropriate steps to ensure that I have other option and choices available, such as saving money to move. But hey, that's just me. What do I know?
About my situation? Nothing.

I moved because there is someone I love here. He lives here because of family and education. Maybe when he's done with his education we might actually move. Yes, we've talked about it quite a bit actually.

I guess my priorities are just screwed up... :???:

My chance of getting shot here, pretty low. My chance of getting shot where I come from, still pretty low. I see no reason why it'd be any more likely to happen in either area really because shootings are often spurred by certain events that I stay away from.

My chance of my car getting stolen here is higher and in fact it's already been stolen from here once before. My chance of it getting stolen where I'm from, virtually nill (you could park over night unkocked with windows down and the only reason to go back out would be to roll the windows up to keep bugs and rain out).

By Jason isn't in Delaware and I would rather be near him than a country away from him. Money isn't the problem right now. It's prior objections. His schooling has to finish before we move. And that's not even a half a year away.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I shot a would be intruder with a paintball gun.

I was laying on the floor after a tournament trying to muster up enough energy to clean and stow my gear (horse, saddle, then rider...) and I heard tapping in my living room. Picked up my marker and went to investigate. Saw a dark figure climbing in through my window so I unleashed the full fury of the Shocker 4X4 on his head and upper torso from maybe eight feet away.

He had been peeling away the weatherstripping from the glass to pull the pane out. Hence the tapping. No lights on at 9:00 and no sound meant to him that I wasn't home. I was just too burned out from speedball and Supair out in the sun all damn day to get up and turn the lights on.

He screamed a real high pitched scream and ran away. He was maybe 12 or 13 years old.

Do you know how bad a lecture I got from the cops?

It was pretty bad.

They said that he was a "gang banger" and now his "set" were going to come back by and shoot me with real guns. They also asked me if I realized "how stupid I was" no less than 10 freaking times. They lectured me non-stop about how I'd endangered everyone in the building, how there were going to be drive-bys, etc....

All of this in Arlington. A city roughly the size of Minneapolis. We are noted for the Agg-town Fights videos and there have been a few drive-bys but most of that happens in the South East Sector. Not the north at Acension and Brown Blvd.

If I had it all to do over again, I'd still have shot the kid but not called the Police.

Obviously, nobody came by to shoot me with a real gun.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
96 DX Hatch said:
Everyone gets by a dog, but nobody f**ks with a lion :shock:

:laugh:
Pssshhhht :roll:

Tae Kwon Do monkey.....that's where it's at.

postal21

vroom vroom
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Most people arent going to bust into your house when youre home though... they will wait til youre at work or some s**t.

Get a gun anyways if you live alone, feel insecure and think there is a danger for break ins. Pick up a high caliber weapon with stopping power and nobodys gonna f**k with you.

oh, and in reference to beez, thats hilarious blasting that kid with the paintball gun. I love how its considered non-PC to defend yourself and your house. Let the hooligans and gang members do whatever they want... thats a good policing strategy... good work man.

postal21

vroom vroom
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
haha, this had me curious as to what might be some of the best handguns for "stopping power" so Ive been reading for a few minutes on the subject.

I liked this quote from an FBI-study "For example, there is sufficient oxygen within the brain to support full, voluntary action for 10-15 seconds after the heart has been destroyed."

"Kinetic energy does not wound. Temporary cavity does not wound. The much discussed "shock" of bullet impact is a fable and "knock down" power is a myth. The critical element is penetration. The bullet must pass through the large, blood bearing organs and be of sufficient diameter to promote rapid bleeding. Penetration less than 12 inches is too little, and, in the words of two of the participants in the 1987 Wound Ballistics Workshop, "too little penetration will get you killed." 42,43 Given desirable and reliable penetration, the only way to increase bullet effectiveness is to increase the severity of the wound by increasing the size of hole made by the bullet. Any bullet which will not penetrate through vital organs from less than optimal angles is not acceptable. Of those that will penetrate, the edge is always with the bigger bullet."

haha, you can see why the government still uses the 5.56nato instead of the 7.76nato and the troops complain. The US soldiers still complain that they need a bigger bullet for more stopping... I guess since this refers more to pistol power.

Revolver

Oct 10th
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
A person can take a 12 gauge slug point blank to the chest and it wouldn't knock him over.
postal21 said:
haha, you can see why the government still uses the 5.56nato instead of the 7.76nato and the troops complain. The US soldiers still complain that they need a bigger bullet for more stopping... I guess since this refers more to pistol power.
It is refering to pistols because the temporary cavity created by a high powered rifle round is very devistating to human tissue. But the stopping power is still missing with basically every rifle round. If it has the power to knock down an enemy, then it has the power to knock you down when you fire it.

Mr.Luder

SSM EP3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats why i have a 9mm loaded with holotips and a small 25

p.s. all u people talking about guns, no guns. u should try to live in Sacramento, CA and not have a gun. Especailly in most neigborhoods. people get robed in the riches areas around here. not to long ago, a man from a poorer area thought his wife was cheating on him with a guy in the richer area. he grabed his gauge and went on a shooting spree in plaza parking lot. took out a few people.

speaking of sacramento, how bout oakland, LA, etc. everywhere thats major

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Mr.Luder said:
thats why i have a 9mm loaded with holotips and a small 25
.25? what's that for? pissing them off and annoying anyone more than 10 ft away

f**king Ravens.... :???: :roll: pos

.22LR penetrates better, is more accurate, etc...

100Percen%

The Random One
5+ Year Member
Revolver said:
And thats a Glock 22. Still stands, there is no Glock 40 model. The .40 CALIBER Glock is either a 22, 23, 24, 27, or 35.

Him posting that vid says otherwise.
Either way, Glock 40 is just a short way of saying 40cal Glock or Glock 40cal, so that could still be what he meant. I think that if a highly trained DEA agent uses the term that way then it's viable. And I know what you're probably saying..."If the guy shot himself in the leg then his training must not have done him any good anyway so why listen to him?" Well it was just a lame mistake that could happen to anyone. If it happened to him then why would any lame-O with no formal training think he's any better. If you watch this video you can get the WHOLE STORY.