Just had the police at my house

SiRcivic27

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Background on me: For those who dont know me, I'm the person that can sit through the scarest movie and not move one inch while the rest of the theater screams and what not. Where I currently live the place next door is competely empty and the other bottom apt is also empty. So basically on my circle I'm the only occupied ground level apt for 2/3rds of the circle. Only one street light at the end of the street and no outside lighting on my building.

Tonights Happenings:
I was on my computer in my room, I'm very tired and dehydrated when I started hearing tapping on my window. Within 20 minutes I hear this tapping 4 different times, if I had a gun I would have gone outside but I dont. So when it started for the 4th time I called the cops right away, when I started talking the tapping got heavier then stopped. After that I paced my apt for 20 minutes waiting for the police. They found nothing of course but at least they showed up and took a look for me. I'm personally worried about my car that just won me a trophy at a local show this weekend and the $6K in car parts sitting on my closet( I have a big walk in closet =) ). Only 5 people are supposed to know I have those parts. But lets just say 1 person has a very BIG mouth so now everyone knows.

I needed to tell someone to help me chill. I dont scare like this but this got to me...
Thanks!

Cliffs notes:
Me tired and dehydrated and not easily scared.
Tapping on my bedroom window 4 different times leads me to call police, when I get on the phone the tapping gets heavier, cops so up and find nothing. But I feel safer yet I worry about my car(in garage) and $6K in parts in my closet waiting for install.

Wolfy

Your mom's boyfriend
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sure you weren't hearing peoples' firecrackers and bottle rockets?? lol it always freaks me out until I remember it's the f**king third of july, haha

SiRcivic27

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no I know it wasnt that, I've been hearing the fireworks and this was a totally differnt sound, it was right on my window...

Wolfy

Your mom's boyfriend
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats pretty f**kin crazy

CRX_dude

copyright 2006 omgwtflol
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you sure it wasnt a bug hitting the window?? like here if i go the light on i always hear those june bugs hitting my window, at first it scared the s**t outta me then i got over it... but yea dude buy you some protection... i gotta nice powerfull co2 bb gun and a million candle power spot light.. so if i ever hear my dogs barking or if i hear somebody breaking into my car, i pull these 2 items out =) but yea get you a nice glock 40 or somthin

Revolver

Oct 10th
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
CRX_dude said:
but yea get you a nice glock 40 or somthin
There is no such thing as a Glock 40.

And for home defense a shotgun is a much better option for obvious reasons. Plus, I bought my Mossberg 500a for $239. My Glock 17 cost $539.

I'd rather just have a mean dog.

Ian01ex

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I agree, either get a dog (doesnt even have to be mean, just bark and sound mean) Or get a gun. Even a little .22 handgun will scare a wouldbe intruder. The last thing they want to do is break into a house with a gun. Next time turn on some lights and make some noise. Dont let them know you are scared like "I know your out there and better go away" Just act like you didnt hear it and act like your talking to somone or somthing. Get creative untill you can get yourself some security.

renegadex96

Captain Obvious
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Why is everyone so quick to say just get a gun for home protection??? Get an alarm, get a dog, get those motion lights, string up some tripwires with cans, lots of alternatives to getting a freakin' gun

SiRcivic27

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
seeing as I live in an apartment building most of the alternatives are out of the option since I dont own the property and it doesnt allow pets. There are no trees anywhere near my windows and it wasnt bugs either. Needless to say, I'll be removing the stuff from my closet to a different location where they do have a home security system.

BuiltforSin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
are you on the 1st floor? it could be firecrackers man. if your really worried have a friend stay with you or go buy a nice 12 gauge pump action remington shotty. hell even a powerful paintball gun would be powerful enough to temporarliy put down someone especially at close range. just make sure you dont miss. lol.

xposigroovex

5+ Year Member
Damn, I hate s**t like that. Hopefully it doesn't happen again. A shotgun is the best but wouldn't want anything that big. A S&W 357 will stop even the highest of crackheads.

Wolfy

Your mom's boyfriend
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
renegadex96 said:
Why is everyone so quick to say just get a gun for home protection??? Get an alarm, get a dog, get those motion lights, string up some tripwires with cans, lots of alternatives to getting a freakin' gun
Because it's relatively cheap, easy to keep up, and if you educate yourself, very effective.

renegadex96

Captain Obvious
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Wolfy said:
Because it's relatively cheap, easy to keep up, and if you educate yourself, very effective.
yeah it is, but IMO a little drastic. I guess it's just different mentalities between our 2 countries

Nice bat works just as well sometimes, or if allowed in your place a good Rottie or German Sheppard

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
renegadex96 said:
yeah it is, but IMO a little drastic. I guess it's just different mentalities between our 2 countries

Nice bat works just as well sometimes, or if allowed in your place a good Rottie or German Sheppard
Lets not turn this into a "americans are stupid redneck guntoting republicans" ok? Bugs the f**k out of me when people from other countries lump every American citizen into one miniscule group.

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
paintball gun loaded with ball bearings?? or frozen paintballs lol just an idea i had a while ago

renegadex96

Captain Obvious
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Eran said:
Lets not turn this into a "americans are stupid redneck guntoting republicans" ok? Bugs the f**k out of me when people from other countries lump every American citizen into one miniscule group.
wasn't my intention. I'm tired of those rants and arguments. Each country has it's pros and cons. Just saying that you can see the difference in our ways of thinking, that's all

Revolver

Oct 10th
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
xposigroovex said:
A S&W 357 will stop even the highest of crackheads.
Guess what, no it won't. Unless you get a good hit in the spinal column, medula, or center of the brain and get an instant incapacitation, anybody can keep fighting at least long enough to try and take your weapon from you and use it against you.

SCCRules said:
hell even a powerful paintball gun would be powerful enough to temporarliy put down someone especially at close range. just make sure you dont miss. lol.
In your dreams dude.

renegadex96 said:
Not everybody lives in a house. Many live in apartments that don't allow pets, don't have alarms, and have a high risk of an intrusion by a violent suspect. And what the f**k are you gonna do if that suspect has a gun? Set up tripwires in your 1 bedroom apartment and take him out, home alone style? :roll:

However, the problem I have with people getting guns is that they don't take the time to become proficient with them, they squeeze off a round, miss, it blows through some drywall and hits the next door neighbor. Thats why a shotgun is a better idea, it takes much less training to become a decent shot than a pistol. Ive had a shitload more training with a handgun than a shotgun and Im still a better shot with a slug at 50 yards than I am with a handgun at 25. Now, youre not gonna see those distances in your home however, its still easy to miss with a handgun at 5 yards if you are not somewhat proficient with it.

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
renegadex96 said:
wasn't my intention. I'm tired of those rants and arguments. Each country has it's pros and cons. Just saying that you can see the difference in our ways of thinking, that's all
So nobody in your country has/wants/uses a firearm? :roll:

renegadex96

Captain Obvious
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Revolver said:
Not everybody lives in a house. Many live in apartments that don't allow pets, don't have alarms, and have a high risk of an intrusion by a violent suspect. And what the f**k are you gonna do if that suspect has a gun? Set up tripwires in your 1 bedroom apartment, home alone style? :roll:
trip wire comment was sarcasm

I live in a city approx 100,000 people, and haven't really experienced thigns like that, and keep in mind, people with guns here are far less in population then in the US. As such a lot of our crimes (b&e's) don't involve the use of them