just joined from northeast ohio

b20hatch

hey everyone, just joined this morning. I'm from northeast ohio and just wanted to introduce myself.
I just picked up my new civic which is a 98 civic dx hatchback. It has a b20 non vtec swap tuned on hondata s200, paired with a b16 tranny. ive only got one picture for now but i will post more as i progress on it.

the lame ying yang sticker is no longer on it lol.
next step is finding a set of stock tails for it

and also if there's any members around the new philadelphia, dover, canton, or akron area that would like to organize a meet sometime that would be awesome!

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:welcome:

Honestly, it's not all that bad. I would say you definitely need new tails but that's just me. I'm not too sure on the shaved door moldings and handles.

Have you ever taken it to the track? I'm curious what you ran with that setup.

b20hatch

:welcome:

Honestly, it's not all that bad. I would say you definitely need new tails but that's just me. I'm not too sure on the shaved door moldings and handles.

Have you ever taken it to the track? I'm curious what you ran with that setup.
the shaved handles arent all that bad. just sucks if the poppers stop working lol. the drivers side needs redone because the person that did the body work was an idiot and didnt sand it enough before he did it.

havent taken it to a track yet. just bought it a couple days ago. waiting for a break in this horrible ohio weather to get it out on a track or on the dyno. its pretty quick though. the only bad thing is whoever tuned the s200 set the rev limiter to 7 thousand.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
the shaved handles arent all that bad. just sucks if the poppers stop working lol. the drivers side needs redone because the person that did the body work was an idiot and didnt sand it enough before he did it.

havent taken it to a track yet. just bought it a couple days ago. waiting for a break in this horrible ohio weather to get it out on a track or on the dyno. its pretty quick though. the only bad thing is whoever tuned the s200 set the rev limiter to 7 thousand.
lol that's the one thing I've always been curious about with shaved door handles. How much it sucks if they stop working :lol:.

7000 sounds about right. 96-98 specs rev limiter is 6300 and the 99-01 spec rev limiter is 6900. They're not meant to rev high.

b20hatch

lol that's the one thing I've always been curious about with shaved door handles. How much it sucks if they stop working :lol:.

7000 sounds about right. 96-98 specs rev limiter is 6300 and the 99-01 spec rev limiter is 6900. They're not meant to rev high.
yeah. i just feel like i could get maybe just a bit more out of it lol. oh well. been thinking about finding a good b16 or b18 vtec head to put on it then re-tuning it slightly, but who knows for now

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
A non built b20 will blow up on you if you rev over 7g The guy I am having do my work sold his b20 swap civic kid blew it up by over revving it after being told this. To further this just because car is revving high. Does not mean that that the power band is still their.

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
I would not be afraid to take it to 7k like I always did in my EF and my DA

but Im not speaking from experience or anything

b20hatch

A non built b20 will blow up on you if you rev over 7g The guy I am having do my work sold his b20 swap civic kid blew it up by over revving it after being told this. To further this just because car is revving high. Does not mean that that the power band is still their.
true. this is my first car with a b20 so im still kind of learning about it.
ive messed around with all the d series and some b 16s and 18s but this is my first experience with a b20

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:welcome: fellow Ohioan

emerican

Registered VIP
Welcome to the site