just seafoam'd thru bb line. worried about after effects?

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
so i just seafoam'd 1/3 the bottle thru the bb line. it was easy. its just i missed about 1/4 of it cuz the funnel started to fall apart on me and dripped everywhere. but tons of smoke came out anyways while i was pouring it in...holy s**t. and it smells terrible...like burning gas or charcoal or something.

well anyways, i got a cel but i went driving anyways. took it to 4k just normal driving and floored it twice to 6500. but vtec never engaged both times. then i reset the ecu and went for a drive again. vtec works once again and no cel.

should i be worried about nething? and the car still feels like it used to be w/o seafoam. does that mean i should do more? how different should it feel?

snoob

9k RPM and 1+ Lateral G
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i'm confused... you used the brake booster line intake mani side? how much did you pour in? engine model? how many miles?

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i used 1/3 of the bottle but i missed like 1/4 of the 1/3. its cuz i couldn't get the line out from the firewall side so i took the line off of the IM and used a paper funnel and poured it directly into the IM. but the paper startin falling apart on me when i had like 1/4 to go and missed a lot of it.

got 168,800 miles on my stock d16y8. first time ever seafoaming and actually there wasn't as much smoke as i expected. ill just have to do more sometime.

dryeager

5+ Year Member
From what I have read, you are supposed to put the seafoam in a cup and let the vaccum from the BB line suck the seafoam out of the cup.

2kstreetcivic

Runnin to Redline
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
amej8 said:
i used 1/3 of the bottle but i missed like 1/4 of the 1/3. its cuz i couldn't get the line out from the firewall side so i took the line off of the IM and used a paper funnel and poured it directly into the IM. but the paper startin falling apart on me when i had like 1/4 to go and missed a lot of it.

got 168,800 miles on my stock d16y8. first time ever seafoaming and actually there wasn't as much smoke as i expected. ill just have to do more sometime.
you are not suppose to seafoam your car after 150,000 miles because in engines that old some of the carbon built up fills in cracks in your engine.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
eh oh well. we'll see what my motor does now

2kstreetcivic

Runnin to Redline
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
amej8 said:
eh oh well. we'll see what my motor does now
its not gonna kill your car...but its just not recommended, I wouldnt do it again

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think you'll be fine, as long as the light is gone you should be good to go, now if it stayed i'd be worried, ima seafoam here soon myself

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yeah actually about a half hour i got back from taking a 3 minute drive after resetting the ecu, i took another 15-20 min drive and the cel still never came on.

but my car feels so much smoother now. acceleration is not boggy and laggy anymore. feels so damn nice lol. makes me wanna drive granny style from now on just to appreciate the smoothness

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
lol thanks low.

i was thinking of doing it again today since i missed a lot last night. any thoughts?

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if it feels good now why bother? Save it for next time or put it through your fuel system.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i put fuel injector cleaner in my gas tank last week just before i filled up 10.4 gallons :oops:. so im still on that same tank and dont really wanna put more fuel system treatment stuff in there.

but to be honest, it scared the hell out of me when i did this. cuz right when u take off the bb line, the car revs itself and i didnt know it would do that. so i was scared out of my mind when i was slowly pouring it into the IM.

and about puting more in, its just it was smoking tons while i was pouring it in then right when i started missing the remaining 1/4 or so, it stopped smoking and im sure its not cause it was clean in there. i just wanted to add another 1/3 or so.