Just some build questions.

TheDrewMan

Civic Build Questions
A little useless back story to start things off. Im graduating high school this year and my dad wants to start a project for summer and our car of choice is a gen 5. Our goal is to turn it into a 325-350hp street car with decent acceleration, but also reliability. The car is gonna start stick but we’re going to do a sequential swap. my questions are, what would be a good choice for a semi reliable daily driver type setup, what is a good hub to look for parts on, and is there any specific mods every civic should have that just make it look, drive, or behave better?
i’ll be around in case anyone needs me to add anything.
thanks everyone

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
With that much of a power goal, get your wallet out.
Realistically, what is your budget?
Another thing to consider with that much power, don't neglect suspension upgrades, the power is useless unless you can keep the car glued to the road.

TheDrewMan

With that much of a power goal, get your wallet out.
Realistically, what is your budget?
Another thing to consider with that much power, don't neglect suspension upgrades, the power is useless unless you can keep the car glued to the road.
we’ve been saving and pooling for a while now and right now we have $13,000 for mods alone. and yes thank you

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Share some pics, it might give us some better insight on where to start. You could hit that HP goal a few different ways, but I'd say less is more for a first ground up build. Do you have a daily driver?

TheDrewMan

Share some pics, it might give us some better insight on where to start. You could hit that HP goal a few different ways, but I'd say less is more for a first ground up build. Do you have a daily driver?
yeah i have a daily right now. it's an suv. we're picking up the car in late april from a guy in PA because they don't use salt there

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member