kinda suscpicious

nightryder99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lately i've been seeing the oil led go on for a split second when i start the car.....my oil isnt due but maybe i've thined it out...come to think of it ..I made a mistake and got 5w30 when I actually always put 10w30 ..thicker oil for better resistance on high temps.
what could this be? cuz I've heard numerous things..like ball baring spin, Y8 stock oil pump failures and all
it's very possible i'm just paranoid..let me know if you got anything on this

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nightryder99 said:
lately i've been seeing the oil led go on for a split second when i start the car.....my oil isnt due but maybe i've thined it out...come to think of it ..I made a mistake and got 5w30 when I actually always put 10w30 ..thicker oil for better resistance on high temps.
what could this be? cuz I've heard numerous things..like ball baring spin, Y8 stock oil pump failures and all
it's very possible i'm just paranoid..let me know if you got anything on this
Ball bearing spin?????:wtf: :???: What? Do you have an old Suzuki motor with a roller bearing crank?

5W30 is fine. I run 5W30 in the Southwest. We were already in the 100's in April( that's 39 degrees C in Canadia)

The oil pressure warning lamp should come on when you turn your key to the on position and then turn off when you start. Well within a second or so. You're probably okay.

99siTUNER

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea ^ what he said, when i turn mine over to start. it comes on if i just put the key in and turn it on, the light comes on while cranking and shuts off. Its just because its turned on when the key hits the aux. position

nightryder99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Beelzebubba said:
Ball bearing spin?????:wtf: :???: What? Do you have an old Suzuki motor with a roller bearing crank?

5W30 is fine. I run 5W30 in the Southwest. We were already in the 100's in April( that's 39 degrees C in Canadia)

The oil pressure warning lamp should come on when you turn your key to the on position and then turn off when you start. Well within a second or so. You're probably okay.
lol i dunno ....i was on d-series and i read on y8 oil pump failure and crap...got me paranoid cuz there was a bunch of people talking about ball barings lol
wtv my bad ...just checkin cuz i don't remember seeing it come on before !

nightryder99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well i'm running rich...that im sure of because I've seen gas in the exaust tip ...
but what worries me is that they say it makes engine temp rise.... I added watter weter and it has kept temp low
I hear ppl saying its no good cuz of temperature increase ....but shoudn't the stock temperature gauge show if the engine is over heated do to runing rich????
do i need a oil temp gauge for a better reading or is it unessecary???
im ordering the P28 soon ...so im guessing I ain't in trouble of ruining anything...atleast i hope not
anybody got info on this?