knock sensor problems

sparco

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey

i have just completed a b18c4 swap (same as your integra GSR) using a Integra GSR p72 ecu into my crx. i have wired up the knock sensor to D3 but the light is still coming on. i have tried 3 different knock senosrs and they all show the light i have rewired it again twice to make sure and reset the ecu but it still come on. does anyone have any ideas about how to get rid of the code or by chipping the ecu etc
thanks

xxsenceo89x

aka superman
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sparco said:
hey

i have just completed a b18c4 swap (same as your integra GSR) using a Integra GSR p72 ecu into my crx. i have wired up the knock sensor to D3 but the light is still coming on. i have tried 3 different knock senosrs and they all show the light i have rewired it again twice to make sure and reset the ecu but it still come on. does anyone have any ideas about how to get rid of the code or by chipping the ecu etc
thanks
is the knock sensor plugged into the right plug in back of the block? that was my problem.

sparco

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey it is behind the inlet manifold above the oil filter

JL

Doodoo Brown Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That's the right place. Are you sure it's the knock sensor throwing the code?

Antzcrx

wut da sit!
5+ Year Member
same here but on a prelude motor...checked continuity in the wires... reset the ecm numerous times... then code 23 pops up when holding rev 3-4000 rpms...knock sensor looks fine...actually didnt even mess with it...read hacks and s**t by adding a radio shack tranducer or some s**t wired in place of the knock sensor but rather just "fix" the problem...im stumped...

Antzcrx

wut da sit!
5+ Year Member
nevermind...went ahead and bought a new knock sensor...a 150 dollar fix...whew...ramen noodles for awhile...lolz...