Knocking

HondaWoman1207

My husband drove my car to work and when he got home the car was knocking. He took off the valve cover and everything is pretty well lube. It knocks hard at an idle but when he pushed the gas pedal in more it went to a light ticking or it could be the same but the muffler is drowning it out. Any suggestions

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Any CEL's?

Pull the oil pan and see if there's a surprise inside.

HondaWoman1207

No need too father in law heard it and said don't start it again the rod is about to fly out. Now its going to be fun finding and buying another motor.

HondaWoman1207

I would but my father in law done found someone that has 7 motors just gotta check them out first. This sucks not having a car and what's sad we was about to buy a header for it and lips. I just want to scream at it from all the hell it has gave me =)

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No need too father in law heard it and said don't start it again the rod is about to fly out.
:lol: Oh man...

How is he so positive about this? Is he sure it's rod knock, or valve slap? How familiar with Hondas is he? Does he realize they run forever even w/ both these issues? I'm not saying ignore it, but the smart thing to do is to open it up and figure the issue, instead of just throw a new motor in when you never knew the exact issue. Such a waste of money/time..

HondaWoman1207

He owned a honda before =), anything that sound wrong with mine he was right. Not even a week ago the brakes was acting goofy he said the master cylinder went out and sure enough it did. When my husband turned the car back on it freaking sounded like motor was falling apart. I was scared that the damn thing was about to jump out when it was idling it shook like crazy. I stood back from it lol.

emerican

Registered VIP
Have to agree with kelly tear into it and make for certain what the problem is worst case you do what you where gonna do anyway and put another motor in it.
on a side note love the sig kelly lol

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
"...done found"..."we was"...

Oh dear. :lol: You do know that Larry the Cable Guy is joking when he talks like that? Right?

I suggest you find out what is exactly wrong with it before you go dumping a bunch of wasted money. Tear the motor down. At this point what do you have to lose?

HondaWoman1207

We are going to but its getting it up to his dad to put it in the garage. It will be next year before it's fixed which sucks,I miss driving my car :(. You are right lethal there is no lost since it's down already. Civicspencer I bet you was mad when it happened. I know I am since this is the only car I have to drive right now.

civicspencer

Registered VIP
We are going to but its getting it up to his dad to put it in the garage. It will be next year before it's fixed which sucks,I miss driving my car :(. You are right lethal there is no lost since it's down already. Civicspencer I bet you was mad when it happened. I know I am since this is the only car I have to drive right now.
Damn straight I was
But I learned A LOT rebuilding my motor and what not it was actually worth it in the end