Koni Sport vs. KYB AGX

kgbhx44

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Im posting this to get some opinions from everyone here at the forum. I have a set of Eibach Pro Kit Springs and am debating between the Koni Yellow's or the KYB AGX shocks for my 98 Civic HX Coupe. I am aware of the differences in price but have run into very similar reviews as far as the performance factor of the two set-ups. Any opinion is greatly appreciated as I would like to install my new suspension as soon as possible. Thanks.

civic-tuner

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I would go with the koni yellows, because you can adjust them without raising you car. If that does matter to you, then go for the KYBs. Also do you have pics of your coupe.

Violator

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Koni yellows or Tokico Illuminas...my friends Si had the tokico's and it handled like a dream, you wont have to raise your car for either of them, whatever you do dont get the tokico non adjustable struts...they suck

kgbhx44

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks for the advice. I've heard great things about the Koni Yellows as well as the Illuminas. As far as the KYB AGX's go, many people go with them because of the affordability factor. Being that I'm more concerned about the best product available and not necessarily the cheapest, I appreciate all and any advice that is out there. Thanks for the replies.

Jay Jay

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
i have koni yellows on my car and im happy with them. they have a lifetime warranty and an adjustable perch.

imazn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i actually ran eibach pro-kit with konis and a 22mm sway bar. i loved it =) rides is great. almost like stock. but when you really need them to handle, they'll do their job. with the stiffness adjustment of the konis, you can really find how you like your car to feel.

i personally have heard bad things about kyb. my friends blew a couple of them and they cant handle a drop under a certain amount. that's why i tend to steer away from them.

kgbhx44

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well thanks once again everyone. From the sounds of what I've heard, the KYB's don't sound like the product I want to invest in. I am really looking for the best shock setup for the 98 Civic Coupe and judging by the feedback and info I've received, the Koni's look far more appealing. I appreciate the help you all have provided. Once again Club Civic comes through.

imazn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol. let me tell you this. koni yellows are probably the best shocks on the market. not many others can compare :thumbs up:

kgbhx44

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sounds like the Koni Yellows are getting all the support. I may have found a winner. Now comes the fun part of placing the order and trying them out. Now all thats left is the new motor and I'll be in good shape...lol. Thanks for all the help.