Konig Lightning White Wheels or Rota Slipstream Plain Silver?

Discussion in '6th Generation Honda Civic (1996-2000)' started by 1999EM1, Nov 9, 2011.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. 1999EM1

1999EM1 New Member

What do you guys think of these rims in 16x7 on a 1999 Civic SI?

Konig: http://www.konigwheels.com/Konig-Home/Konig-Passenger-Wheels/LIGHTNING-WHITE

Rota: http://www.rotawheels.com/wheels.asp?wheelid=40

I'm leaning towards the Rotas, but I'm not sure what size. I definitely want 16s but there are a few options

16 x 7 4 x 100 +45
    16 x 7 4 x 114.3 +45
    16 x 7 4 x 108 +45

I'm dropped low, which would be the best size?

Which rims would look better? My car is currently dark red, here's a pic: [​IMG]

I plan on getting the entire car painted Arctic Silver (Porsche Paint Color), Paint Code L92U in the future as well. I think the Silver Rotas will look better on both car colors, Red and Silver.

I have 190/55/R15 wheels right now so it looks kind of weird IMO, should have gone with 205/50/R15 but it's too late. When these tires go out, I want to upgrade to 16s...

2. 1999EM1

1999EM1 New Member

If anyone has pics of a 99 Civic Coupe with these Konigs or Rotas, please post.

3. speedygonzales

speedygonzales Royal Member ~ RonJ Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

2000_civic_si has a MR EM1 with gunmetal slips and they look tight on his ride. look him up, i believe thats his screen name. its in the build thread i think

4. MistahJuice

MistahJuice 100% real juice Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

I say Konigs all the way

5. Billy.

Billy. Has returned ;-) Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

civic has a 4x100 bolt pattern, so that's your only choice. the "+45" number is the center offset. for a 7" wide wheel you need around a 38-45mm offset. anything less or more and you may have contact issues.

my 2 cents? just keep your wheels. they will always be in style, and eventually they will be hard to come by. when it comes time for tires find a nice sticky 205/50 with an attractive tread pattern and side wall. then take the $400-600 you saved on wheels and put it toward performance mods

Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
  6. rayaccord101

rayaccord101 New Member Registered VIP

This

7. EatSleepJDM

EatSleepJDM New Member

x2

LOL @ ROTAS.

8. Billy.

Billy. Has returned ;-) Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

you're LOLing at rotas when you sell Jet Tuning wheels?

lol @ hypocracy :haha: