Konig Lightning White Wheels or Rota Slipstream Plain Silver?

1999EM1

What do you guys think of these rims in 16x7 on a 1999 Civic SI?

Konig: http://www.konigwheels.com/Konig-Home/Konig-Passenger-Wheels/LIGHTNING-WHITE

Rota: http://www.rotawheels.com/wheels.asp?wheelid=40

I'm leaning towards the Rotas, but I'm not sure what size. I definitely want 16s but there are a few options

16 x 7 4 x 100 +45
16 x 7 4 x 114.3 +45
16 x 7 4 x 108 +45

I'm dropped low, which would be the best size?

Which rims would look better? My car is currently dark red, here's a pic:

I plan on getting the entire car painted Arctic Silver (Porsche Paint Color), Paint Code L92U in the future as well. I think the Silver Rotas will look better on both car colors, Red and Silver.

I have 190/55/R15 wheels right now so it looks kind of weird IMO, should have gone with 205/50/R15 but it's too late. When these tires go out, I want to upgrade to 16s...

1999EM1

If anyone has pics of a 99 Civic Coupe with these Konigs or Rotas, please post.

speedygonzales

Royal Member ~ RonJ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
2000_civic_si has a MR EM1 with gunmetal slips and they look tight on his ride. look him up, i believe thats his screen name. its in the build thread i think

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I say Konigs all the way

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
civic has a 4x100 bolt pattern, so that's your only choice. the "+45" number is the center offset. for a 7" wide wheel you need around a 38-45mm offset. anything less or more and you may have contact issues.

my 2 cents? just keep your wheels. they will always be in style, and eventually they will be hard to come by. when it comes time for tires find a nice sticky 205/50 with an attractive tread pattern and side wall. then take the $400-600 you saved on wheels and put it toward performance mods

Last edited:

rayaccord101

Registered VIP
civic has a 4x100 bolt pattern, so that's your only choice. the "+45" number is the center offset. for a 7" wide wheel you need around a 38-45mm offset. anything less or more and you may have contact issues.

my 2 cents? just keep your wheels. they will always be in style, and eventually they will be hard to come by. when it comes time for tires find a nice sticky 205/50 with an attractive tread pattern and side wall. then take the $400-600 you saved on wheels and put it toward performance mods
This

EatSleepJDM

x2

LOL @ ROTAS.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you're LOLing at rotas when you sell Jet Tuning wheels?

lol @ hypocracy :haha: