konig Retrack in pink???

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
some of you might already know from one of my post, i have all white konig retrack on my civic they're orignally white i was thinking about repainting or powder coating it in pink some of my friend said it would be too much some said maybe... idk im tore between just keeping them in origianl white or not. my car is main color is black and my color theme are pink and blue on a black car. also i found out that the retrack have been discontinued so i'll be holding onto these wheels for a while as well. any suggestions?? here is a picture of the wheels and the car IMG_0163.JPG
IMG_0010.JPG
they're a bit dirty
IMG_0056.JPG

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
If you were to do that then paint the lip and grill black. PIMO the lip and grill should be black anyways.

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
If you were to do that then paint the lip and grill black. PIMO the lip and grill should be black anyways.
i gonna be getting the bys air walker front bumper which has the grill integrated so that will be black once i paint the bumper. all my suspension is pink too

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
yea the lip and the grill came in as black

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Good god... the car is an eyesore right now, spend the money making the rest of the body nice before the rims. Just my opinion

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
Good god... the car is an eyesore right now, spend the money making the rest of the body nice before the rims. Just my opinion
??? i would rather spend it first on my motor then anything else which is what i did. and eyesore???

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
Well here goes my .02 cents:
On the topic of the rims themselves, I would keep them white because I LOVE how white rims look on any car basically. I love how they seem to glow at night. Only way I'd suggest to paint them pink is if you ONLY paint the spokes pink, and the lip would be white. I would also suggest getting the lip painted black, but that's not what you asked about lol.
I guess what I hadn't considered is that these rims are discontinued... so I would make sure you're 100% sure you want to paint them before you actually do so.

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
Well here goes my .02 cents:
On the topic of the rims themselves, I would keep them white because I LOVE how white rims look on any car basically. I love how they seem to glow at night. Only way I'd suggest to paint them pink is if you ONLY paint the spokes pink, and the lip would be white. I would also suggest getting the lip painted black, but that's not what you asked about lol.
I guess what I hadn't considered is that these rims are discontinued... so I would make sure you're 100% sure you want to paint them before you actually do so.
ok these is one of the answer i was looking for, looks like majority of people said to keep them white, my brother said the same thing if i was to do them in pink do the centers pink and lip white. idk black lip look to plain and normal looking lol. i always like to be way different think outside the box.

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
before i bought that lip i was gonna get Carbon fiber one but at the same time i knew i was gonna be low and i didn't want to be scraping the living s**t out of it lol roads in the borough here in ny are really shitty

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
so what about this, if i was to make the lip black agian paint /powder coat the wheels in bubble gum pink leave the grill pink. or leave the lip pink grill in black and wheels in pink?

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
so what about this, if i was to make the lip black agian paint /powder coat the wheels in bubble gum pink leave the grill pink. or leave the lip pink grill in black and wheels in pink?
You better not be asking me because I'm not a big fan of accented colors for grills/lips/etc. I'm more for saying that a black grill, black lip, and pink wheels with white wheel lip works well.

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
You better not be asking me because I'm not a big fan of accented colors for grills/lips/etc. I'm more for saying that a black grill, black lip, and pink wheels with white wheel lip works well.
i've looked at some pics on Google and it seems all the black civics that have pink wheels have black grill and black lip.... i never see the setup i was looking maybe you can photo shop it so see how it might look?? i never photo shoped a picture before so i idk how to do it.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
??? i would rather spend it first on my motor then anything else which is what i did. and eyesore???
Yah. If you're asking opinion about a cosmetic change, id say save the money and buy new body panels that are straight.

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
Yah. If you're asking opinion about a cosmetic change, id say save the money and buy new body panels that are straight.
well the hood i got fore free and plus i can cut it up and not feel bad about doing that to a really nice parts like the carbon fiber hood. i used to have carbon fiber hood trade for stock metal hood for sole purpose of cutting it up eventually i'm going have carbon fiber doors,trunk, and hood, the quarter panel was like that when i got it in a trade from my old eg coupe that i had we just had a major snow storm today.. 2 feet of snow 0.0 all in one day so when spring hits i'll probably get started on fixing that panel my fenders got a little dented from leaning on it to hard when putting the motor in and etc. my motor the that you see in the picture is basically close to being fully built only thing its doesn't have is sleeves and camshaft using stock for break in time.