Ksport Kontrol Pro or Tein Basic Coilovers

scott_EJ6

PSN- OdySSeYy
Looking into lowering my car and want a good setup. Tein Basics run 850 and i saw Ksports for 750. Anybody have opinions?? If so lemme hear em! Thanks

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
tein.
or you could get Function and Forms for even less than that..

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ksport is actually pretty good s**t, dont knock it till you try it

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have the basics for 2years now and LOVE them. i've heard great things about ksports though too.

Voltio

formerly known as FAN8228
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have Teins and love them. Would definitely recommend them.

frankmoocivic

I
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ksport is junk. I used to like them untill a week ago when my buddy was driving home in his evo and one of the coilovers, broke in half! Just broke lol left his wheel parallel to the ground, dukes his new bumper and CF lip. Ksport was cool about it, they next day aired him a replacement shock then regular shipped the pro series set for free. But I still don't trust them now. Seeing is believing fellas

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Ksport is junk. I used to like them untill a week ago when my buddy was driving home in his evo and one of the coilovers, broke in half! Just broke lol left his wheel parallel to the ground, dukes his new bumper and CF lip. Ksport was cool about it, they next day aired him a replacement shock then regular shipped the pro series set for free. But I still don't trust them now. Seeing is believing fellas
I knew it! Were they still warrantied at that point? Got pics? haha

scott_EJ6

PSN- OdySSeYy
that blows dude! thanks for the insight

scott_EJ6

PSN- OdySSeYy
so some of you guys are saying function forms 1's. Those pretty good. Those would actually be perfect cuz the price if they are a good set of coilovers.

frankmoocivic

I
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Your very welcome man. Remember and this works for everything in life from car parts to hookers, you get what you pay for!

autocrosser09

5+ Year Member
I've heard all kinds of crap about ksport but there are a few threads on here that convinced me to get them... Idk what to say about that guy's breaking in half. Apparently they do blow and have problems if they are not installed correctly. so that could have been the reason those broke... but i have the ksport kontrol pro's and I love them... i got mine new for $650 shipped and haven't had a problem with them for the 5-6 months i've had them...

frankmoocivic

I
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Lol ok, well good for you. As for the "he said, she said" take into consideration that it's an evo putting 465 AWD, it snapped at 60 mph I'm gonna post pics when I get home. The guy has had many vehicles, so he knows his stuff doubt they were installed wrong. Also, the funny part it's his family car. Has two car seats and a helmet for the track in between them lol. You can obviously put whatever you want on your car but you have been warned big guy. GL with C overs!

frankmoocivic

I
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The power is not the point. I'm saying whether it has 127hp or 465hp it's still bad to have a strut sheer completely in half. IMO you wasted your money on KSport this entire thread suggested something (F&F) that the would use. Now whether they suggested as an owner or from reviews. You own the Ksport. If they work, great but we only suggested an option. If the OP choose not to listen that entirely up to him.

autocrosser09

5+ Year Member
You have a point. I just wanted to say that i am happy with mine. and i haven't had any problems with them.

scott_EJ6

PSN- OdySSeYy
thanks for the advice guys. ive read some reviews on F&F too. ive heard they arent that good. i just want to do this right the first time and not waste money. I think i might just go with my first choice the Tein Basics

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
thanks for the advice guys. ive read some reviews on F&F too. ive heard they arent that good. i just want to do this right the first time and not waste money. I think i might just go with my first choice the Tein Basics
Where did you read that they aren't THAT good? I'd like to see that, with some facts of course. I mean sure they aren't like Tein Monoflex's or any other coilover that costs $2000+ but they are DEFINITELY better than tein basics and ksports...