"Kurisutin 2" - 1993 Civic Del Sol - Maintenance Log

ctag

fill it with wires!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Got the engine head removed today. Can't figure out how to get the rockers free though.

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
Snap a pic of the dizzy side. Never did a single cam but on the dohc theres a cap you remove then a pin slides through the center of all the rockers holding them in place, similar to the size of a 1/2" extension

Sent from my boujea ass phone

ctag

fill it with wires!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Got it free, had to hammer on it a little since the alignment dowels were stuck.

ctag

fill it with wires!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not much going on lately, but I picked up some fiberglass stuff to play with.

Testing fitment...

Last edited:

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
You picked up a snow plow? Sry never was much a fan of body kits, fiberglass espically had a buddy club 2 front bumber on my eg, looked ok but fitment sucked and if you tapped anything it shifted and or cracked mount holes.. when i had my car body worked n painted just went with a lip.

Last edited:

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
You can have some of our snow, dont know if you seen the other tread but i put a pic of my eg all you can see is the mirror

ctag

fill it with wires!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah, I saw it. I wouldn't know what to do with just a few inches of snow, having it cover my car would make me panic haha.

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
Thats what the AWD TBSS is for, traction sucks when its 80° in the Civdog but thats kinda the fun part

ctag

fill it with wires!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Took the oil pan off today. Plan is to get the pistons out and check them without pulling the engine. Possibly a big mistake.

Got this far:

I removed the oil pickup, and then can't get the "crank retainer" under it free...

Last edited:

ctag

fill it with wires!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Got the main bearing cap free:

I have no idea if this kind of wear is normal or not, or what to do about it.

ctag

fill it with wires!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I bought some gauges:

I tried using them to measure the cylinder diameters today, and wasn't very impressed. The details are pretty much all in the attached PDF.

First I set up the bore gauge to 2.98 inches. Then I measured it with some calipers and got 2.9977 inches.... So they immediately disagree by more than the service limit in the manual. Nice.

I measured all of the bores and recorded the results on that first page. Then I ran a quick test with the very first bore measurement (0.0437): 2.98 - 0.0437 = 2.9363, which is smaller than the stock size of the cylinder.... Or 2.9977 - 0.0437 = 2.9540, which sounds more right.

So I calculated out all of the diameters using 2.9977 as the base length of the bore gauge. One reading was over the service limit, and one taper. Since I'm not going to put money into the car to do anything about that, I'll just keep swimming.

Attachments

ctag

fill it with wires!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
New valve stem seals arrived today. Can anyone tell me what those two clear tubes in the top right of the package are?

Found it
An installation tool is included in Fel-Pro valve stem seal (VS) sets using positive seals. This tool is a thin plastic sleeve, which is placed over the tip of each valve stem during installation. It protects the inner lip of the seal from damage by the lock grooves in the valve stem.

Last edited:

ctag

fill it with wires!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Today was busy.

Reinstalled the pistons last night:

Lightly re-seated the valves:

Putting the valves back in...

And BAM! It's back in the car haha

It runs.... like crap :roll:

Last edited:

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
This tapatalk update sucks... sry can only see 1st pic.. any cel's? Check injector clips if the plastic backer is missing the pin can bend.. ask me how i know...

ctag

fill it with wires!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This tapatalk update sucks... sry can only see 1st pic.. any cel's? Check injector clips if the plastic backer is missing the pin can bend.. ask me how i know...

No CELs, I think the timing belt may be off a tooth...

ctag

fill it with wires!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Turns out the timing belt was a misaligned by one tooth. Fixed that and readjusted the valves, now the car actually runs decently :thumbs up

I also JB-welded the power steering reservoir back together, we'll see how well it holds up:

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
If the jb dont hold take an old flathead, torch it and spackle that b***h back together, just did it to the fuel tank on my pocket bike..

ctag

fill it with wires!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
First oil change today after ~50 miles.

There was some very fine grit glitter in the oil, which I expected given that the new rings are being seated.

But the oil was also opaque. :shocked2: Yeah, so coolant is getting in there somehow. I'm not shocked, given how shoddy this rebuild was, but it's still frustrating.

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that sucks man, is a jdm d16 longblock a possibility?