Kwiks 93 Coupe slow build

kwiks93

I figured I would start a build thread since my car has already come along way. The coupe before she was rescued was sitting under a tree for roughly 2-3 years. When she was found the whole car was covered with black decomposing leaves and sap. To my surprise the interior was spotless and just needed a little tlc. When we opened the hood we found out why she was sitting. Number 2 cylinder was through the block and connecting rod laying in the oil pan. The hole in the block was the size of a large coffee can!! You could see number 1 cylinder and see number 3 connecting rod and yes the engine bay was an oily nightmare. The price was right so I jumped on it and had a wrecker hook her up and bring her home. So after we got her to the garage/home, hosed her off, and pulled the old engine. She received a Y8 w/cai, wheels/tires, and started the clean up process. So as of now she is a DD and getting little stuff as I go. Eventually she will have all engine internals done and trans built to hold about 15psi of boost. Suspension, paint, and interior freshened up. Will keep updated as much as possible and as always any questions feel free to ask not bash. BTW didn't get pics when she was under the tree unfortunately.

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
We need to get you a new shift knob, car looks good bro, nice start fo sho!

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks great, though 4x4 status ruins it haha. It's amazing how high these cars are normally. When all you see is low civics, you forget what they used to look like stock height.

kwiks93

The suspension and shift knob will be one of the first things done once the move is over. Also going to do the rear disc conversion while I have it apart. Going to need disc to slow it down after boost.

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Boost on this will be nice, the car lowered will make those 16's look even better IMO.

kwiks93

Are you gonna swap it to a 5speed when you boost it
Auto hondas dont like boost
No I am going to build an automatic to hold it. I have heard all the horror stories about Honda auto's and have taken severe notes on the failures. So hopefully I can make one that will hold about 400hp to the wheels. I was told once I couldn't make a GM 700r4 hold hp and I built one that held 1100hp to the wheels. So we will see,,,,

emerican

Registered VIP
they will hold a decent bit if built right.
My friends dad has a boosted auto z6 he is a vetran and disabled so cant shift with a compete race rebuild and tranny cooler its holding right under 200whp as of now
i hope you get it built so it will man defintly be intrested in the parts list to do that lol

kwiks93

they will hold a decent bit if built right.
My friends dad has a boosted auto z6 he is a vetran and disabled so cant shift with a compete race rebuild and tranny cooler its holding right under 200whp as of now
i hope you get it built so it will man defintly be intrested in the parts list to do that lol
I will keep the list and post it as I go. Tell your friends Dad Thank you from another Vet.

00_Civic_Si

BrokenEM1
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Decent start man, I've always loved 5th gen coupes in white or red. Good luck with your build!

Decipher

Registered VIP
Sounds like you've got big things planned for this little gem. I'm not crazy about the wheels. Nice start nonetheless. Can't wait to watch the progress.

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I might be helping on the progress if he doesn't mind a noob learning a bit.