KYB AGX adjustable gas shocks....

bluedeception87

Clueless
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm thinking about buying a set of KYB AGX adjustable gas shocks for my 2000 4-dr Civic LX. I just wanna know your guys' opinions on these shocks. Are they good? Are they reliable? Is it worth the money (I found a set at Groupbuycenter.com for $335 with free shipping)? Also, for those who have the shocks in their cars already, what settings do you have them at? (4 in the front, 8 in the back? 3 in the front, 6 in the back? etc.) Thanks!

imazn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
are they good? well it depends what springs you get. i personally dont think they can handle anything with a rather high spring rate.

are they reliable? also depends on what springs you get. i have a friend that blown two before and i hear of other cases where they have blown.

can you tell me what springs you have/ getting please?

bluedeception87

Clueless
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have Eibach Pro-Kit springs on my car. They've lowered my car about 1.5 in the front and 1.3 in the back.

mlody

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey bluedeception87

I am in the same boat.
I am looking at Pro-Kit and AGX but non adjustable.
Can you tell me how is a ride comfort on just Pro-Kit ? Is there a huge difference or it is more visual thing ?

Thanks

imazn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
rid comefort on pro-kit is just like stock. i had a set on my last integra. there is a difference visually but not huge. kyb shocks will go great with it especially since it wouldnt void the warranty either.

these springs are progressive so as the rear increase in weight, the springs get stiffer.

bluedeception87

Clueless
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yea, there's not much of a difference comfort-wise with the Pro-Kits on my car compared to my stock springs. It's more of a visual thing. The wheel-fender gap was reduced on my car and that was about it. Some of my friends noticed the reduction, while others didn't.

imazn, so are the KYB AGX shocks the best bet for me (considering I'm on a tight budget)?

imazn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no prob. let us know how you like them afterwards. keep us updated.

bluedeception87

Clueless
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I bought a set of the KYB AGX shocks a lil while ago. I finally had them installed into my car today by a friend of mines. And I have to say that they are GREAT!! :D I put the settings at 3 in the front and 6 in the rear. When I drive on the highway and streets, I don't really notice any difference with my car's ride. But when I go over speed bumps, it's a whole different story. Before, my car would bounce up and down like 2 or 3 times after going over a speed bump with my Eibach Pro-kit springs and STOCK shocks. I really hated that! But now with the KYB AGX shocks, my tires make contact with the whole speed bump and my car doesn't bounce AT ALL anymore! :D

imazn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
cool sounds good. for me i would put the rear at 5 and maybe the front at 4 so the rear would slide out more, but maybe that's just me. if you like it the way it is right now leave it. dont listen to me =)

mlody

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just wonder if KYB non adjustable provide similar ride confort ?

imazn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
kyb are pretty good for something low. i rode in a friend's integra with it. of course you get the bumps here and there but what do you expect witha lowered car.

DOHCDX

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
IMO, KYB AGX are the best bank for buck shocks available for hondas. i have a shock dyno comparing koni yellows, illuminas and AGX, and the AGX are nearly as good rate wise. however, they don't provide the wide adjustability like the konis.