Let me introduce myself...

braintree

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Here are a couple of old pics from last fall.

Comments and flames are welcomed. =)

nightkids1

Old School Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
tight car, i love the supper

UnitZero

First Child
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
hey, you want to sell those fogs anytime soon???:P

imazn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
not a bad way to spend 10 thousand dollars.

b18 with a vortech supercharger. how much are you pushing out on this thing. what times you getting?

the only thing i dont like about the car are those rims dawg. they're too big and ugly man. get some other volks, jsut not those...

Jay Jay

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
Welcome to ClubCivic. Nice ride :thumbs up:, I agree with imazn as well.

b18 with a vortech supercharger. how much are you pushing out on this thing. what times you getting?

the only thing i dont like about the car are those rims dawg. they're too big and ugly man. get some other volks, jsut not those...

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
welcome .... nice ride

what are your 1/4 mile times?? :thumbs up:

braintree

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thaks for all the kind words. I'm pushing roughly 235 to the wheels, 162 Lbs of tq. All at 8lbs. This is untuned. On street tires, the quickest I've pulled is 14.1. This is on 17" wheels and crap tires so I got no traction. However, on slicks, I've pulled 13.5. Hopefully, if things go my way this summer, I'm looking at the low 12's. *crosses fingers* About the whees, I will be changing this spring. So here's a shamless plug: these wheels are for sale so let me know if you're interested. I 'm located in chicago and I am willing to ship. Risht now, the car is sitting in my garage for winter but it will soon be out again. I'll keep you guys updated.

imazn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think that's one of the reason why i dont like vortech supercharger. all that peak power means nothing. 235 and only 14.1 is not all that impressive to me.you can get that with a jrsc at 200 hp. It means more when you get power throughout the power band

Myogi_Nightkid

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well he did mention that his setup is untuned, if it is he'd be running in the 12s like he mentioned.

btw, welcome to ClubCivic! keep up the goodwork!:thumbs up:

imazn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well blahblahblah you think you're so cool cuz you read his WHOLE message and i seem to skip over parts of it =P

ITRxCiViCxRcRx64

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey man nice ride.. and Excellent times like the others mention... Also a newbie to the site... Keep up the good work..

Martin

braintree

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "imazn"

i think that's one of the reason why i dont like vortech supercharger. all that peak power means nothing. 235 and only 14.1 is not all that impressive to me.you can get that with a jrsc at 200 hp. It means more when you get power throughout the power band
Thats very true. Thats one of the things that I do like about the jackson. It provides alot of power below the vtec point. This is great for autocrossing where you spend lots of time in low rpms. However, in drag racing, if you shift correctly, you will always land at around 5500+ rpms. Turbos and the vortech exploits this and provides most of the power at those rpms. Also, the jackson is so forgiving when it comes to launches. You can revv higher ang get better traction. Unfortunatley, the vortech doesn't give that advantage. Thats why the slicks helped so much. You have a very valid point though.

imazn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
man i never did how to launch with the supercharger on. i needed more time to get use to it but i had to take it off and sell the car =P i never got use to how it suddenly boosts when im making a hard turn and scares the s**t out of me. also when you switch lanes and you step on the throttle too hard and it boosts to the next lane and a car is right there, man that's no fun. just some minor things that i didnt get use to quite yet.

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
GREAT car dawg! you should run for featured ride. the car is excellent, what can it hurt? :D

welcome to clubcivic!

imazn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
gimme ... wait im the one that said i didnt like me LOL

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member