LF: Offset advice for 16x8's on my 96 Si.

Manser

Hey guys, I'm looking into ordering a set of Stance Mindset Wheels (Gold with a polsihed lip). I have recently bought Ksport Kontrol Pro Coilovers and I plan on lowering my car roughly 2-2.5 inches. In saying that, the wheels I want only come in 16x8's with an offset of either +20 or +26. My question to you guys is, Would I be able to run these 16x8's with either offset with a 2.5 inch drop on my 96 ek coupe? Please leave feedback as I am in desperate need of advice:P Thanks!

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what size tire do you plan on going with? You most likely will need some fender work to get them to clear without rubbing.

Im on 15x8 +25's with a 205/50/15 tire. I rolled the front and rear and im not dropped too low but im right at the edge of rubbing (thats how i intended it) I also have factory camber.

not too much, not too little by ks.childstar, on Flickr

flush enough for me by ks.childstar, on Flickr

Manser

Hey, sorry for the late reply, I was at school etc all day.. Umm, i'm thinking im gonna be going with a 45 series tire. Not to sure on brand yet(if that even matters for lowering) and just to let you guys know I have Buddy Club P1 lower controls arms and front/rear camber kit.. in case that helps with the offset issues..:???:

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The brand of tire does actually matter because everyone's (lets say) 205 wide tire isnt the same as the next. In most cases they are pretty close though. The camber kit will help with clearing your fenders but you'll still need to roll your fenders.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
CHILD - PERFECT fitment :like: :like: :like: :like:.

The brand of tire does actually matter because everyone's (lets say) 205 wide tire isnt the same as the next. In most cases they are pretty close though. The camber kit will help with clearing your fenders but you'll still need to roll your fenders.
This. I don't rub with 205/45 Yokohama S. Drives on +42 16x7 wheels. Then one time I bought these used 16x7 Rota Circuit 8's (offset was above 40, can't remember the exact #) with 205/45 Khumo all-seasons and my rears rubbed on the tiniest bumps. The wheel/tire stuck out a touch further.

Manser

So JohnS, what your saying is that unless i go with a huge offset or dont go very low im going to rub either which way?.. Like I only plan on going 2-2.5 inches and I have camber kits.. I just want to know what my issues will be? I plan on rolling my fenders as well, so that wont be an issue, I just want to know how flush id be or if id have room?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You'd be just as flush as me with the +26 offset. The +20 will need additional camber. The rubbing you will encounter is from turning. I have about 5mm of clearance when I turn my wheels and thats before full lock. My tires are a bit beefy but you will still be extremely close with a lower profile tire. A 16x8 +33 wheel will give much better clearance without sacrificing much as far as flushness is concerned. 8 inch wide wheels with roughly a +25 offset is pretty much perfectly flush (with corrected camber) and a flat roll on 5th and 6th gen civics.

Manser

Okay... Im really not 100% knowledgeable about cars.. I love to learn and ive come along way, but im not fully there yet.. So what your saying child is if i went with the +26 offset, rolled my fenders and had proper camber that I could make it work witohut issues?

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
IMO your giong to rub no matter what without some work. So get the 20et and make it work. it can be done, and fairly easily.

maybe run a 195 tire instead? will help out. its hard to tell you what to do exactly. it depends how much rubbing your comfortable with and what kind of extent your willing to go to so that it works

They are right though about 205's can vary. it measures bead to bead, not the exterior width of the tire

Last edited: