Lifting and Modding to prevent undercarriage scraping or damage from road debris.

Rmille34

Riki
5+ Year Member
So I traded my pick-up truck for the new 2018 civic sport hatch. I needed something for the hour drive to and from my old job. (40mpg is better than 14...) My issue is I'm tired of scraping my bumper off the driveway and not being able to straddle some areas of Houston roads without scraping.

Has anyone here lifted the new Hondas? I know lots of slammed cars, but I've yet to see it lifted a bit. I'd be happy with just one inch more...

After needing to climb under the car today to reattach the heat shield/skid plate under my engine from a chunk of 4x4 in the road... I need something to change that doesn't involve trading it in again. Hopefully this isn't too silly of a question.

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I would probably look at a Honda parts catalog and see if any 2018s share the same strut p/n, but a different spring p/n. Might be an OEM option to get some additional ground clearance. Alternatively you could try running larger sidewall tires.

I'd be wary of strut spacers, but you could possibly get something fabricated.

alex98

It might look funny, but maybe a tire with a taller sidewall could help. I'd also look to see if any of the CRV suspension parts could be used. I figure if the skyscraper cars are using truck parts to lift their car, why not apply the same principle in this case?