Lighting Questions

memorex

2004 Civic Hopefull
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey guys,

1) I just bought some new PIAA headlight bulbs for my 00 Civic EX, and I looked at the order sheet and it says that they are H4's. I obviously dont know much about bulb sizes, but is H4 the size that fits in my car? Because I coulda swore it was h3... but then again what do I know

2) I was out driving in the country and a Civic decided to pass me (it was pouring down rain, he was insane) when he got in front of me he flashed his hazards (stupid ricers thinking I was racing) anyways he had white turn/hazards and it looked so sweet in the dark. however I know that was ilegal so I was going to put red, well I just got the red bulbs the other day and it's not bright at all and they kinda look orange. I dunno what to do now, I want to do white but I know I cant.. so what do you guys suggest.. considering I dont like the amber colored and want something that makes my car a little nicer.

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
rear hazards, or front hazards. rear would just be red due to the lens wouldnt it. and as far as the front...amber is the only way to be safe.

memorex

2004 Civic Hopefull
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Front would stay Amber, but no the rear ones would not be red because it’s the taillights that are half red and half clear. Right down the center. Like most that you find on the SI. The taillights are like this on the 2000 model ex anyways…

Jay Jay

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
They are H4's that fit your car, here is an application guide http://www.midnightmoose.com/honda.htm

Project Zero

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
have you tried the red LED rear turn signals. theyre real bright and they are street legal. i saw a black SI with them. it looked Phattttttt :ok:

memorex

2004 Civic Hopefull
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Alright that might look cool.. but the look good and bright behind a white lense with no reflectors on the inside?

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
u can also buy the red LED lights to replace your brake lights. :thumbs up:

nice and bright 8)

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that's what i wanna do...... except they're like $20 each

memorex

2004 Civic Hopefull
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Okay I know the turn signals are 1157, but I know the brake lights are different because they are wedged... I wanted to put LED's in my brake lights also... Thanks for the idea Sick...