Loaning 3/4 inch tools for timing job cheap!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobl18

Registered VIP
Hey guys i just bought 150 dollars worth of tools just to get that darn harmonic balancer bolt off and i thought I would try to get some of my money back by loaning out that tools to people who would like to do their own timing job but don't have the proper tools to do it them self. So heres your answer, I have a Craftsman 3/4 inch drive 18'' long breaker bar, a 16, 10, 5 and 3 inch extension, the 17 mm socket , and the harmonic holder tool to keep it still while your cranking down on that bolt. It got my bolt off in less that 10 seconds and it was almost effortless. If your interested all you pay is shipping and 15 dollars to use the tools. I'll ship it how ever you want as long as your willing to pay for it. Hopefully everyone is honest and i wont have any problems with people shipping them back to me in a timely manner. Here's a picture of the tools:

[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

CrackingVTEC

Registered VIP
I don't think thats a good idea because there are some pretty shady people out there, But if your willing to trust people then best of luck to ya..

emerican

Registered VIP
Dude dont do this what so ever. Even if it worked for a while there would be some shady person who wouldnt ship them back. I got over 10k in tools impacts compressors etc and unless its one of 5 best friends i dont let anybody borrow a single wrench. I used to let people, but i got tired if not getting stuff back or it taking months to then when i get it back its rusted up or something.

Decipher

Registered VIP
Yea, just sell them on craigslist locally or hang on to them. Plus, you should've gotten the impact grade 16" extension too if you really intended on renting these out... that one there would've lasted maybe 1 or 2 loans. I broke 3 of those regular cheap ones getting my bolt off, and if I had been using that breaker bar, probably would have snapped that too.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
thats not gonna work man.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol, ah yea man, what if someone doesn't return the tool back?

Cobl18

Registered VIP
Lol ok ok I get it I guess I'm just to trusting. Yeah I got like 2 grand in tools and these are the ones I use once every 100,000 miles. I'll hold on to them. And breaking that breaker bar? I had a 6 foot long piece of pipe on it and was really pulling on it and it held up fine haha! I have another breaker bar coming in, the company I bought it from 2 weeks ago used the slowest shipping in the world and it's still not here. If anyone's intrested I'm selling it for 25 plus shipping. I ended up going to sears and dropping 55 bucks on the breaker bar in the picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.