lock motors, keyless entry

baller_ivy

5+ Year Member
Alright so i got an alarm the other day. I got it so that only one door unlocks, which is the driver side door. Thing i want to know is how hard would it be to wire up the rest of my doors myself. Meaning put the lock motors in myself. Yes i been looking around for answers but haven't really found what i've been looking for. Any help would be nice. Yes i know somebody is going to say GOOGLE it!!!!

leothelion

d:p
Registered VIP
. Yes i know somebody is going to say GOOGLE it!!!!
...and did you??? lol

Im going to guess you have a 4 dr since you said "rest of my doors"...but your pic is a coupe...so....i guess knowing model, year, trim, all that. would help.

what kinda lock functionality are you looking for? all unlock at the same time? drivers unlock and then the others unlock on 2nd pulse...

if you spend the money and get all oem parts then installing it will be really easy. If you decided to get aftermarket actuators then its going to be a lot harder.

baller_ivy

5+ Year Member
...and did you??? lol

Im going to guess you have a 4 dr since you said "rest of my doors"...but your pic is a coupe...so....i guess knowing model, year, trim, all that. would help.

what kinda lock functionality are you looking for? all unlock at the same time? drivers unlock and then the others unlock on 2nd pulse...

if you spend the money and get all oem parts then installing it will be really easy. If you decided to get aftermarket actuators then its going to be a lot harder.

Man i have a sedan!! Idk what pic you was looking at. Also what will OEM parts do? Anyway it go I have to write up the lock motors in the rest of the doors.

baller_ivy

5+ Year Member
So nobody has an answer. Come on now! Pretty much I want to know could I wire the other lock actuators into the one that's already wired up.

EKphor

Swapped Soon
you should be able to....although that wouldn't be the correct way to do it....i assume that there is other relay or otherwise power wires that would send the signal to the other lock actuation devices once armed ....

but in other words yes..

leothelion

d:p
Registered VIP
So nobody has an answer. Come on now! Pretty much I want to know could I wire the other lock actuators into the one that's already wired up.
oem parts would fit like a glove (original equipment manufacture) in other words they were designed to go into you car. aftermarket parts have to be modified in order to work. so its just easier.

you have 1 pic of you car and its far away, i couldn't tell what it was.

yes you can wire it up to the other actuators, but as EK said you will need a relay, the signal from the alarm system is not powerful enough to drive 4 motors, it probably couldn't even drive 1. so hook the wires from the alarm system to a relay and the relay to your locks. then they all should work.