Logan's new whip

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't think you damaged a computer or anything. I had the same sort of thing happen when I had a voltage issue and a bad alternator. Everything on the cluster either lit up or flickered in it's last moments, ending with the battery light flickering and fading to nothing. Replaced the alternator after double checking that it wasn't supplying a charge, new terminal ends since my originals were crap, and I was good as new.

Logan98036wa

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I don't think you damaged a computer or anything. I had the same sort of thing happen when I had a voltage issue and a bad alternator. Everything on the cluster either lit up or flickered in it's last moments, ending with the battery light flickering and fading to nothing. Replaced the alternator after double checking that it wasn't supplying a charge, new terminal ends since my originals were crap, and I was good as new.
Thanks for the input CHILD that makes me feel better about the whole situation. :wizarddragon:

Today I inspected the alternator and was able to pull the return lead to the battery with my hand. I am not sure if the hole is striped but I am buying a new stud in hopes that solves the problem. here is a reference picture of what I mean. See part #6 or #31123-PWA-004 its missing the stud in the picture but im assuming its there.

Screen shot 2014-01-07 at 12.03.29 AM by Logannn00, on Flickr

Turbo_Freak

BAMF
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I think it looks way better debadged. The only thing I left on was the 'H' cause of the holes that are left behind.

Logan98036wa

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I think it looks way better debadged. The only thing I left on was the 'H' cause of the holes that are left behind.
I took off my ex so far. It ruined my clear coat under it so i'm a little scared to do the "civic".
no big deal because painting the car is on top of my to-do list.

Turbo_Freak

BAMF
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
How did you take off the 'ex'? When I did mine it came off easily. Sucks that it took of the clear coat. What kind of K are you going with?

Logan98036wa

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
How did you take off the 'ex'? When I did mine it came off easily. Sucks that it took of the clear coat. What kind of K are you going with?
I used dental floss, simple green with a shop towel and a clay bar. It's not a big deal I needed to have the bumpers repainted to match better. I'll do it when I find aero I like.

I deep down want the 2.4 but I'll be happy to get any k in there and get it running. I can always build a back up k if I'm not happy with it.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lookin good! Tax time richness here we come!

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If funds are tight, start with a CRV full longblock and a base model rsx or ep3 transmission. Then you'll still have plenty of torque and just a head swap away from big power.

Logan98036wa

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If funds are tight, start with a CRV full longblock and a base model rsx or ep3 transmission. Then you'll still have plenty of torque and just a head swap away from big power.
I like your idea CHILD. I do want 6 gears the first time around and eliminate my single tire fire.
What transmission did you go with again?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I like your idea CHILD. I do want 6 gears the first time around and eliminate my single tire fire.
What transmission did you go with again?
Dc5 integra type r :cool:

A rsx type s or k20z3 civic si trans will be fine for you.