Looking for a softer suspension for my VX

GearHeadDriver

Hey all,

I have an Eibach suspension on my VX. It came with the car. The drop is 0.75". I do not like the ride quality at all. It's very hard. The car is loud and literally feels and sounds like I'm inside a UPS truck.

I'm not opposed to having a slight drop. I'd like to know what I can do to bring the car back to a softer ride?

I'm really up for anything!

Thanks in advance for your help.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just saw this for the first time. Being that you're active on the other thread, I figure you'll respond to this one.

First off, make sure you bounce test each strut area. Perhaps the struts are just worn out. If so, I suggest Koni's or Tein's. They provide a smooth ride feel and are reasonably priced.

Do you know what brand of springs are installed?

GearHeadDriver

I have Eibosch springs and Teketo struts. I didn't spell them right =). The car was lowered .75" from the OEM height by the previous owner.

My friends were telling me I'm just not used to how a Civic rides. I came from a dodge Neon SRT 4.

I don't suspect any of my struts are blown.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have Eibosch springs and Teketo struts. I didn't spell them right =). The car was lowered .75" from the OEM height by the previous owner.

My friends were telling me I'm just not used to how a Civic rides. I came from a dodge Neon SRT 4.

I don't suspect any of my struts are blown.
I think Neons ride like sh*t, so this Civic should feel better. Tokico struts are good though. Don't just suspect; check them. For all you know they may be worn out. I haven't ridden with Eibach springs but I believe they're not all that great from what I recall reading and hearing from others I trust. Try researching the equipment models you have and their rates.

GearHeadDriver

I find that kind of funny. I swear I loved my Neon SRT 4's suspension a lot more than I the Civic. The Neon was OEM though. That could have something to do with it.

I really don't know anything about the springs. I only know that my mechanic said all my struts looked fine and didn't appear to be blown / leaking fluid.

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Eibach are actually high quality german springs they are exclusively what Ground Control use for there springs. they are performance minded springs which will reduce ride quality but not by that much. anytime you use lowering springs you will have a harsher ride because of the higher spring rate. the 7th gen uses a mcpherson strut setup im not sure what the doge uses but the mc is a cheaper setup compared to the previous generation that used double wisbone. your lucky the previous owner didn't use cheap chinese suspension parts. if your dead set on replacing the german springs for something softer you could order custom springs from SWIFT SPRINGS or maybe TEIN s tech or go back to a completely OEM suspension. are you sure that they are actually eibach springs ???

Last edited:

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
My stock 05 SRT rode very well. I've never owned a stock suspension civic that was fresh, but the SRTs ride quality is exactly what you expect it to be in a FWD turbo car. They just didn't like those 90+mph downhill curves is all.

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Dodge cars in general never liked a curve why do you think they called them Dodgey.

GearHeadDriver

Eibach are actually high quality german springs they are exclusively what Ground Control use for there springs. they are performance minded springs which will reduce ride quality but not by that much. anytime you use lowering springs you will have a harsher ride because of the higher spring rate. the 7th gen uses a mcpherson strut setup im not sure what the doge uses but the mc is a cheaper setup compared to the previous generation that used double wisbone. your lucky the previous owner didn't use cheap chinese suspension parts. if your dead set on replacing the german springs for something softer you could order custom springs from SWIFT SPRINGS or maybe TEIN s tech or go back to a completely OEM suspension. are you sure that they are actually eibach springs ???

Sorry I didn't reply sooner! I could be wrong on them being Eibach, but I have no way of knowing since they are springs.... I only know the struts because I had the original box. I see no reason to not believe they aren't Eibach. Sorry, I don't have more info on them.