Looking for advice

H.D.

I am thinking about getting a EK hatchback as my first car. I would like to have a reliable car with good MPG that is easily modified. What should i be looking for, and how much should I expect to spend?

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What you spend will depend on region. If you're in the salt/rust belt, expect to pay a premium for non rotten/clapped out examples.
Keep in mind, you're looking at what amounts to a 20 yr old car, so rust may play a role depending on where you're from.
If you stick with looking for stock, unmodified examples, I would look out for basic things such as maintenance, rust and how well it runs/drives.

H.D.

Thank you, I am in central FL. The humidity might cause some surface rust, I think?

H.D.

Sorry guys this is my first car and I do not know exactly what I am doing. I am going to keep looking the guy selling seems like a scam when I was talking to him. Any advice on what the best year is, or any years to stay away from would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sorry guys this is my first car and I do not know exactly what I am doing. I am going to keep looking the guy selling seems like a scam when I was talking to him. Any advice on what the best year is, or any years to stay away from would be greatly appreciated.
2000 and earlier Civics are easy to work on, stay away from the 7th gen, little aftermarket support for those.
2001 and earlier Integra are also easy to work on candidates.
02-06 Rsx's are not bad either.