Looking for cold air intake for 08 civic si

Couticus

Hey guys! I'm new to the car forums but it was highly recommended to get feedback on car mods. I am looking to slowly build up my civic and wanted to start with a cold air intake. My knowledge on aftermarket parts is very minimal so I was hoping for some good recomendations from you guys. Thanks in advance, much appreciated!

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Save your money, it's going to add more noise if anything.

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hondata FlashPro alone or with bolt ons (intake, header, exhaust) will give you some gains. Forced induction (turbo, supercharger) if you want significant increases. What is your budget?

Couticus

Hondata FlashPro alone or with bolt ons (intake, header, exhaust) will give you some gains. Forced induction (turbo, supercharger) if you want significant increases. What is your budget?
I haven't really set one yet. I just wanted to see what was out there first and then go from there. I don't see myself doing the big turbo/supercharger upgrade. More easier bolt on modifications is the route I'll probably take. Just looking for quality and best bang for my buck. Thanks for the input!

Couticus

You should set one, it gives you (and us) a direction to point in you as far as what will be quality for what you can afford.
Makes sense, for an intake I would like to stay under the 500 range. I have seen some outrageous prices out there and obviously the cheaper the better. I've heard of Takeda giving good outputs when it comes to intakes. thoughts? Thanks in advance

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'd put that money towards Flashpro, you'll see more of a performance gain with a tune and no bolt ons vs stock tune and an intake.

Couticus

I'd put that money towards Flashpro, you'll see more of a performance gain with a tune and no bolt ons vs stock tune and an intake.
I feel like that's the route I may take. Now I understand the concept of a FlashPro but what exactly would I be looking for when using it? I apologize in advance if it sounds stupid, I am just new to all of this. Thanks