looking for hid kit

TehViperz

looking for hid kit updated pics

hello i'm looking for an hid kit for my 08 mugen si i'm looking to put hi and lows in the car looking for a decent hid kit with little as possible wiring

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
pics of car please!

TehViperz

haha i need to wash it and get some with my camera i have not gotten 5 min to wash it and snap some pics ill try and get some in the next few days for you guys
i also have a P&P form ddm tuning in my 98 ex i just dont want to go through the hassel for a retrofit and i dont really have the money for the retros

TehViperz

sorry i haven't gotten pics up yet going to give it a bath tomorrow and snaps some pics for you guys
the v hids are expensive :P i have ddm tuning hids in my 98 i think they are the 55w if i went with the 35w would that make any difference or what is the difference between the 2?

ek forever guy

Registered VIP
FG civics have tremendously good light output in stock form. With a good set of halogens like the Phillips Xtreme or the Xtreme plus you'd have an amazing view at night.

HIDs will actually put out less light than your current halogn bulb. Depending on the temperature and the quality of the ballasts. You'll be all high from new part satisfaction and convince yourself you can see more, but you can't. You're just scattering the light all over the place and good light isn't being put where it needs to be the most.

Get a kick-ass halogen and get back to us. You might be disappointed though when you find out that a good halogen set of bulbs costs more than an HID kit.

Goes to show how terrible HID kits are.

TehViperz

Thanks for the tip was looking at some halogens too I know how much they are my grandpa owns a garage :-) the low beams are my only problem a i wish they were a little brighter is All the haLogens I was looking at are about 50 a pair the ddm tuning hid kit is about 70 after shipping so I may just go with the 4000k phillipsl

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
HIDs will actually put out less light than your current halogn bulb. You're just scattering the light all over the place and good light isn't being put where it needs to be the most.
This.

Unless you retrofit projectors into your stock headlights, getting an HID kit is the worst thing you could do for lighting. Get Philips Xtreme Power or Osram Night Breakers.