loss of power

TurbodSi

5+ Year Member
can anyone tell me why it seems like i have lost alot of power..i have a i/h/e..i use mobil1 synthetic oil and has been changed every 3k miles..i need new spark plugs and wires but i dont think that would be the problem..vtec sometimes wont kick in..please let me know so i can get it fixed..thanks

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
TurbodSi said:
can anyone tell me why it seems like i have lost alot of power..i have a i/h/e..i use mobil1 synthetic oil and has been changed every 3k miles..i need new spark plugs and wires but i dont think that would be the problem..vtec sometimes wont kick in..please let me know so i can get it fixed..thanks
change plugs and wires... clean Vtec solenoid screen. maby check the timing.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
does the car bog or just does it feel like u dont have power?

try a regular tune-up. change spark plugs and wires, dizzy rotor and cap, fuel injector cleaner, fuel filter, etc.

TurbodSi

5+ Year Member
it doesnt bog, just loss of power..i will try doing those things and see if that helps..if you guys think of anything else let me know..thanks

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Check for some oil leaks. When you're using syn oil, leaks become more prominent. If you don't have the oil pressure to kick vtec over, it won't. Cleaning the solenoid screen or replacing the solenoid all together might also help.