Loud pop after jumpstart

BrandonC92

Respected
This morning I went to start my car and it didn't start so I got a jumpstart. after A few minutes of idle the car made a loud popping sound and smoke came from under both sides of the hood. Engine also seemed to be louder then normal for a short period nothing seems to be leaking no hoses look broken ac is still blowing cold air. Does anyone know what this might be from?

BrandonC92

Respected
This morning I went to start my car and it didn't start so I got a jumpstart. after A few minutes of idle the car made a loud popping sound and smoke came from under both sides of the hood. Engine also seemed to be louder then normal for a short period nothing seems to be leaking no hoses look broken ac is still blowing cold air. Does anyone know what this might be from?
Well alternator died

Donna60

Brandon, was it the alternator?