Lower Arm Bar and Control Arms?

Discussion in '6th Generation Honda Civic (1996-2000)' started by CivicEk-ITC-804, Oct 31, 2011.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. CivicEk-ITC-804

CivicEk-ITC-804 New Member

Should i get new control arms and a lower arm bar for my civic? i just lowered it on skunk2 springs. If i were to get control arms and a lower arm bar what kind should i get? and what will it do?

2. civexspeedy

civexspeedy New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

I'm assuming you mean rear lower tie bar?

If so, neither the LCA's nor the rear lower tie bar are necessary. They don't do a whole lot by them selves as far as performance goes. But, new installing new LCA's with new suspension generally makes the installing job easier. For the 5th gen civics, aftermarket LCA's provide a mounting hole for rear swaybars. But, going by your user name, 6th gens have mounting holes in the factory LCA's so aftermarket ones aren't really necessary.

You don't need them. If you want them for aesthetics, go for it. Just don't buy cheap LCA's.

3. CivicEk-ITC-804

okay yeah it probably would be 3 400 bucks just for the looks

4. JohnS.

JohnS. BANGARANG Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

LCA's should only cost around 2-250. Rear lower tie bars don't do anything and are a complete waste of money unless you like wasting money on cosmetics that serve no purpose. That money can be used towards something that looks more appealing IMO. Retrofits, OEM Si / CTR front upper grill, front lip, etc.

If you want bling that serves a purpose, get an ASR rear subframe brace. Of course it doesn't really do it's job if you don't have a 19+mm sway bar, so you could get one of those too ;).

5. CivicEk-ITC-804

could you send me a website for the rear subframe and the 19mm sway bar john?

6. JohnS.

JohnS. BANGARANG Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

I believe I bought my sway bar off jdmland.com. Mine is an USDM OEM ITR 22mm. Then I got my ASR brace off weaksauceparts.com. You'll need end links too. I currently have Blox spherical adjustable ones I bought from JHPUSA. They're like $25+shipping but I have Hard Race ones I've been meaning to put in.