Lowering my car

Discussion in '6th Generation Honda Civic (1996-2000)' started by 6thGenFtw, Oct 25, 2011.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. 6thGenFtw

6thGenFtw New Member 5+ Year Member

2. JohnS.

JohnS. BANGARANG Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

You've posted this in multiple threads. Considering one of the threads you posted in came from a guy who recommends these coilovers as a great street setup, I think you'll be fine. How much do you plan to lower? I've read you shouldn't go too low with these but I could be mistaking them for another coilover.

3. 6thGenFtw

Yeah sorry I've had bad experiences in the past when I order parts for my car and they don't fit or I payed to much or something. So now I just like be 100% sure before I order something. And I'm not really sure how low I want to go... Its says it lowers F and R 1 to 3 inches. I think I'm going to go with 2.... But with the coil-overs is it easy to adjust like if you want to go lower or raise it if its too low?

4. speedygonzales

speedygonzales Royal Member ~ RonJ Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

I've heard that the max you'd want to go on these is 2.75 inches. if you want to ride slammed I'd go with either koni yellows and GC coilover sleeves, I've also heard that you can slam function and form type 1's. but for just a 2 inch drop those will be a really good set up

5. 6thGenFtw

Yeah I don't want to ride slammed haha. I will for sure get these before January. Is it better to have a shop put them on?

6. civicspencer

civicspencer New Member Registered VIP