Lowering RPM when A/C turned on

RussMont

I have here a Honda civic ESI and my problem is, when i turn on the Aircon of my car immediately drops its rpm and sometimes the engine dies. can someone help me with this issue on my car? what should i do with this?

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Sounds like the idle air control valve is at fault. This part regulates the flow of additional air (opens a valve) to the engine when its under additional load caused by the AC and other accessories.

RussMont

Sounds like the idle air control valve is at fault. This part regulates the flow of additional air (opens a valve) to the engine when its under additional load caused by the AC and other accessories.
This means i need to replace the IACV or is there any other way to fix this?

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
This means i need to replace the IACV or is there any other way to fix this?
Ensure you are getting battery voltage at the connector then test the IACV function manually. Download a service manual and it will have the step by step for you.

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
THis is wy i hate having the crank pressure releived thru the intake.. causes s**t like this over time. Gotta pull it off and clean the screen and the IAVC.. Same goes for the TB and intake. When couldve just route it to the bottom of intake

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
THis is wy i hate having the crank pressure releived thru the intake.. causes s**t like this over time. Gotta pull it off and clean the screen and the IAVC.. Same goes for the TB and intake. When couldve just route it to the bottom of intake
I said the same thing almost 10 years ago. My solution was actually drilling and tapping the intake manifold with a 3mm fitting. Solved the problem and have yet to ever have an issue with idle.

Last edited by a moderator: