Lowering suggestions: 04 Civic

he_sai_

I just wanted to know what I should use to lower my 04 civic. I want to lower it a couple of inches. And would it help ride smoother if I got new suspensions? My car honestly rides rough as I feel even the smallest pebbles.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Try simply searching through the forum for other 7th gen builds and what they used. Also check out our store, then begin researching owner experiences.

Ride comfort will be dictated by product quality and drop significance along with wheel and tire sizes used. Tein springs and Koni struts are my choice for a quality ride feel on a reasonable budget.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You have two options: struts and spring combo, or coilovers. Neither will be as comfortable as properly working OEM though. Like HeX said, your best option is to research owner experience. I have Tein Street Advance coilovers -- they're more rough than OEM but not super harsh. Some coilovers (like mine) can be adjusted to soften or harden.

Teri

Respected
Get a good set of adjustable coilovers and adjustable struts. I did , best choice ever.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
Personally, I'd buy full bodied coilovers WITH adjustable dampening. The full bodied gives you full shock travel and the adjustable dampening gives you more or less rebound (ride like a shopping cart, or ride like a Cadillac).
Most set ups I've had with strets and coilover sleeves haven't been half as comfortable as full bodied ones, although they've been cheaper for the most part.
Also you could consider buying lowering springs, as long as you're not worried about riding a certain height and not be able to change the ride height (also stock shocks will wear out faster this way).
Lost of options, researching is always a good start.

Ep3po

Respected
I had a 04 years ago and I had Ebiach sport line lowering springs and Kyb shocks and struts and it sat nice but not too low. And handled great and wasn't to expensive. Much cheaper than coilovers